1 - Pilot (IV) ~ ☆

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Marnie's POV

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚Marnie's POV

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Same outfit

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Mom had her arms crossed as we walked, her next to Rory and me a step behind them. We were about to pass Miss Patty's when she started talking,
"Oh, Rory, good. I think I found a job for your male friend."

We stopped walking and Mom's mouth fell agape as Rory's eyes widened. This is so stupid. Chilton is more important than a guy. Yale is more important than a guy, or in Rory's case, Harvard. What idiot would not go to a great school because of one person? Not to mention, she just met him what, five hours ago?

"What male friend?" Mom turned to Rory. I bit my upper lip and turned my head up to the sky, just wanting to go home. Rory started shifting on her feet and looking around.

"They need a stock boy at the Supermarket." Patty continued. "I already talked to Taylor Doose about him. You just send him around tomorrow."

I glance at Rory, holding back a snicker.
"Okay, thanks." She avoids Mom's gaze.
"What male friend?" Mom repeats as she stares at the side of Rory's head. I roll on the balls of my feet, just wanting to go home.

"Oh, he's very cute. You have good taste." Patty compliments Rory before turning to the little girls in her studio, "Hands in the air, not in the nose."

I used to dance when I was younger, I did it longer than Rory did. I liked it but when I was around 11 I stopped. It got boring. Rory starts to speed away from me and Mom so I skip a little to catch up to her.
"Oh, you'll have to walk faster than that." I hear Mom say. "You're gonna have to turn into friggen Flo-Jo to get away from me."

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Rory gets into the house first, me next and Mom following shortly after. I 'accidentally' close the door on Mom and brush past Rory.
"Don't throw away your future for a boy, Ror." I tell her before going upstairs to my room so that I don't have to listen to her and Mom argue.

I lay on my bed for awhile, reading The Notebook until I hear downstairs become silent. Quietly, I run downstairs to Rory's room and carefully open her door. "I Try" by Macy Gray is playing.

I gently close the door behind me before making my way over to the other side of her bed so she can see me. She jumps when I come into her view.
"Jesus Marnie! Be more subtle would you?"