Prologue: Demise for the tenth time.

Blood trickled down Alexiel's chin, her knees buckling as she collapsed onto the cold, unforgiving ground of her room

Blood trickled down Alexiel's chin, her knees buckling as she collapsed onto the cold, unforgiving ground of her room. The metallic taste of her life force filled her mouth, a stark reminder of her impending doom.

So, this time it is poison, she thought, coughing up her life's essence onto the cold stone.

Her vision blurred with tears-- sharp knives, betrayals, and fire she had seen death approach her in many ways, however, poison was a new way.  She felt like her body was on fire, a crimson cough escaping her mouth. 

She could feel the venom working, feeling her inside getting torn and thrashed apart, making the mere task of breathing difficult.

Blood roared in her head, breaths getting shallower, the world around her began to fade, the edges of her consciousness fraying like the hem of her once--pristine gown that was now stained with blood.

Just as she was sure she was mere seconds away from her end again-- knowing the feeling all too well.

In the twilight of her life, a soft glow pierced the encroaching darkness. A figure, ethereal and serene, emerged from the light—a goddess, her presence both commanding and gentle.

Dressed in flowing robes, her long hair cascades like a waterfall, symbolizing the endless stream of knowledge and music that she governs. It was Benzaiten, the goddess of all that flows. 

"Alexiel Chisaka," the goddess spoke, her voice a soothing balm to Alexiel's anguished soul. "Your story has reached its end far too many times. Your journey need not end in such sorrow. There is a path yet untraveled, a name that can rewrite your fate— Kaito Haku."

"Kaito Haku," she whispered, the familiar name rolling off her tounge. Her eyes growing heavy as the poison tightened its grip. 

Kaito Haku, a prodigy mage who was banished from the kingdom for reasons that was unknown. She remembered seeing him once or twice in her estate, the crown prince holds a grudge against him, but she never got to know why. 

But the goddess's word filled her barren heart with hope, she could get out of this loop.

As her body surrendered to the inevitable, the goddess's light enveloped her, and the room faded away. 

And so, with a final breath that was both an end and a beginning, she stepped into the unknown, the goddess's words echoing in her heart. 

The cycle could break...no, she would break it. 

And so, with the knowledge and experience of her past lives, Alexiel vowed to give her all on finding, convincing and getting Kaito Haku help her have a final end, this time.