♔20♔

[Jungkook POV]

I don't even know why I wanted to go with her. I just wanted to. I just didn't want to leave her alone. No place in this world is safe. But this has never happened to me before.

I have never thought about someone so much before. Y/N had been in this palace before but I never noticed her that much. But when my eyes fell on her, my world stopped. Something started to happen in me that had never happened before.

Damn it!

As I looked at her, my heart began to tremble in a way that was irrational. My body starts a physical process that I can't suppress. I kiss her lips or caress her cheeks without knowing myself. My lower back starts to cringe which is embarrassing.

I pushed her away on various pretexts. I show anger towards her in such a way, which is not rational.....just to get her out of my mind but later I suffer for it myself.

What should I do? Should I pull her close or just push her away?

[Y/N POV]

"Father, why do we have to go in disguise? We've never done this before," I asked, totally surprised.

"The prince didn't go with us before. He doesn't want anyone to recognize us and it's not safe. Change your clothes quickly," Dad said and left but I sat down sullenly.

What is the point of being a person if I can't give people my true identity? Why do I have to disguise myself? I want to draw people to me in a friendly way. I don't want to think of anyone as an enemy.

A more surprising thing happened when I went outside. There is a carriage. Still surprised, I whispered to father, "Father, why the carriage? We're not going to walk there?"

He also whispered to me, replying, "How shall the prince walk? It is dishonorable."

I sighed. I think the royal family is a machine. All the members here are like robots who need other people to run them.

God has given us two hands, two legs and everything necessary. Even though we have resources, why should we depend on others instead of using them?

Those who drive this carriage with so much difficulty, we should not let them suffer so much. If we walk, then these slaves will be freed.

● ● ●

Prince Jeon & I was in the carriage & father was going with a horse. It felt like we are going to a war with soldiers & horses. It didn't even feel like we are going to a public place to see horse race.

I sat in the carriage feeling a little upset. The prince probably sensed this and said, "Are you upset?"

If I tell him why I'm upset, it will come across as unreasonable to him. So I said, "No, Your Highness."

"Tell me the truth, Y/N," he said in a calm voice.

I sighed and said, "Truly, no."

"You wanted to walk, didn't you?" his sudden question made me taken aback. I looked up at him in surprise & he chuckled.

How did he know? Father and I spoke in whispers. He wasn't supposed to listen.

Since he knows, then there is nothing to deny. I lowered my head and said, "Yes, Your Highness."

"Carriage is supposed to be better. You don't have to bother walking. What's there to be upset about?"

"It makes me happy to walk somewhere or to struggle for something but it makes me bored to sit and do anything like idleness," I said, fear lurking in my mind because I don't know his mood. It is sometimes good and sometimes bad.

"What is the relationship between pleasure and sadness in it?" He asked being confused.

"I always want to be like everyone else and I don't want to make a difference by taking any special advantage. For example, those who are doing business in the market or those who are selling goods are suffering in this hot sun. I want to be equal to them and to understand their pain," I explained.

He laughed a little & then said, "If you suffer yourself, can you alleviate their suffering?"

"If I feel their pain, I will take the initiative to solve it, right? If I live a life of luxury myself, will I care about them?"

The prince became a little serious at my words. He was silent and started thinking about something.

I started to get scared. What if he misunderstood my words and got angry? I should not let him think too much about this. Who will do what, it is their own decision.

"Your Highness, don't mind my words. It's just my opinion, don't take it seriously-"

"Get down," he said before I finished.

"Yes?" I said confused and scared.

"Get down from the carriage."

-------End of EP 20-------

03/05/2024
Friday
09:16 PM