/41/

The apartment before him seemed too good to be true, he looked back at Jaehyun suspiciously because this seemed like a prank.

"Are you being serious?"

"Do you like it or not?" Jaehyun asks, a bit impatient.

"How much is the rent? I don't think I can afford this," he becomes heartbroken because the space is beautiful.

"Kid, I already told you it's yours to keep. I bought this apartment for me a while back when this area was still cheap, and since then I've just been renting it out but since my last tenants moved out months ago it's just harboring dust. You just have to worry about the water bill."

Donghyuck admired the higher ceilings and tall windows that allowed him a distant view of the city. "Still, it's so nice... You're giving it for free?" Donghyuck says as he stares at the newly painted walls.

"Consider it an early wedding gift. I swear it's not that big of a deal, I can buy five more apartments like these," Jaehyun shrugs.

Donghyuck's eyes travel to his clothes, inspecting the quality of the designer materials, from head to toe.

"Consider this an apology as well since I misjudged you, I hope you'll take good care of Jisung. He means the world to me."

"Wow, how sentimental of you," he nods. "Still, I'm going to buy it from you, I feel offended."

Jaehyun doesn't argue further, but he reduces the price by a huge chunk, calling it a special deal which he has no problem with.

Donghyuck recently found a new client who would accept him as a tutor, a young and aspiring singer. Usually, his vocal lessons happened every few weeks. He judged voices, gave homework, and then checked in to see how they improved— now he had no teaching credentials but his experiences and positive reviews from past clients had helped him.

"I heard enough. Your problem is that you're trying to mimic the original singer's pitch and style of singing which is a lot higher than yours, see this?" He points to his throat. "When you exert too much power here it comes out strained so even if you reach the notes, your notes are unsupported so that means..."

He reaches into his bag and pulls out a workbook.

"You'll have to complete this and do the practices I'll send to your email. I'll see how you improve in two weeks.

She looks offended at how short the tutoring session was. "How do you call that tutoring if you cannot assist my progress every day?"

"I have an injury," he points to his throat. "Your problem is that your vocal range isn't broad enough."

He sits behind a piano as his client goes through his warm-ups and tries one of his practices. Her mid-tone was shaky, so she couldn't even belt with proper support. After an hour, he wrapped it up and gave some final tips before deciding that meeting weekly would be best. He leaves before his client can make room for more conversation, on his way to see his boyfriend.

***

Jisung found himself in the dance studio once again, this time he stretched and did a good warm-up before he got into it. His dance companion and senior Taeyong, watched him with hawk eyes as he executed the move.

"How was it?" He asks since the older stayed silent.

"I'm glad your dance skills didn't deteriorate during your injury, bravo," he claps and gives a satisfactory smile that hinted a bit of pride.