Chapter 020 Codename

Pei Xiuyan's face suddenly changed.

Wu Mu stood up and looked at him.

He said provocatively: "Have you mentioned your sore point? Since you have a sweetheart and the Ye family has fallen, why not let Ayan go?"

Pei Xiuyan looked at Wu Mu and suddenly raised the corners of his mouth and smiled.

He said slowly: "Let her go? Back then, Ye Chuyan desperately wanted to marry me, but she was not willing to leave easily."

Wu Mu's breathe tightened.

Back then, Ye Chuyan had indeed clearly rejected him and finally married Pei Xiuyan.

Now that the Ye family's affairs are closely related to Pei Xiuyan, he doesn't believe that Ye Chuyan is still willing to stay in the Qing Palace.

Pei Xiuyan felt relieved instantly when he saw Wu Mu's ugly face.

"I am going back to spend the New Year with my princess. I'm sorry that I won't accompany you." After saying that, he walked away.

Wu Mu knew that there were many eyes and ears here, so when it was not time to talk to Pei Xiuyan, he clenched his fist fiercely and asked the eunuch to escort him out of the palace.

After leaving the palace, he sent away the eunuchs and walked to Doctor Wei's medical clinic.

He didn't have a chance to ask Doctor Wei today how Ye Chuyan's injury was recovering.

Walking around the corner of the medical clinic, he suddenly thought that today was New Year's Eve and he wondered if the medical clinic was closed.

Doctor Wei, who was locking the door, looked up and saw a person standing in the dark, and was startled.

He picked up the lantern and took a closer look. It turned out to be the young man delivering the medicine. He suddenly breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh it's you."

When Wu Mu saw it was Doctor Wei, his eyes suddenly lit up. "Doctor Wei, you haven't gone back yet?"

Doctor Wei stroked his beard and said, "I've been waiting for you to come over. I thought you wouldn't come today and was about to lock the door and go home to celebrate the New Year."

When Wu Mu heard this, his heart became hot. Nan Gongli is right, Dr. Wei is really a man of his word.

Doctor Wei took out a small wooden box from his arms and handed it to Wu Mu.

"This is something given to you. She said you will know it as soon as you see it."

Wu Mu took the things, touched his sleeves, found a golden jade plaque and handed it to Dr. Wei.

"I can't thank you enough. I give this to you."

Doctor Wei glanced around and saw the word "黑" (Hei) on the jade plaque, and instantly guessed the identity of the young man in front of him.

He laughed, waved his hands and said, "Doctors have a parental heart, and it's all an old man's job."

After saying that, he picked up the lantern and left.

Wu Mu held the wooden box as if holding a peerless treasure.

He looked around and saw no one around. He carefully slipped the things into his arms and left.

Zuiqiu Tower, the largest restaurant in Jingdu, is owned by the Wu family. After Wu Mu came to Beijing, he did not want to live in the Wu family's mansion in Jingdu and stayed on the top floor of Zuiqiu Tower.