Chapter 016 The Young Master of the Wu Family

Pei Ye's eyebrows are extremely upright, and there is a cinnabar mole between his eyebrows. Sitting on a high dragon chair, he does not look like an emperor, but like a compassionate Guanyin.

Now, he was smiling but not smiling, waiting for Pei Xiuyan's answer with a warm expression.

The quarrelling courtiers followed the emperor's gaze and all looked at Pei Xiuyan.

Pei Xiuyan's father and the Supreme Emperor were brothers, but the old Qing prince and princess died of illness early, leaving only the young Pei Xiuyan.

Pei Xiuyan relied on his decisiveness in killing and resolving the emperor's problems, winning the Holy Heart and supporting the entire Qing Palace on his own.

The late emperor abolished the cabinet while he was still alive. Although Pei Xiuyan was not appointed, he was actually above the six ministries and exercised the power of the cabinet at that time.

Pei Xiuyan thought for a moment and said calmly: "I believe that Concubine Jing was born in Pingyang Palace, has a dignified character, and has given birth to a son, so she should be canonized as queen."

As soon as these words came out, those who supported Li Hou suddenly smiled.

But before everyone could react, he continued: "It has only been a year since the Queen Mother passed away. I think that the appointment of the concubine Jing as the queen should be done after the three-year filial piety period has expired. Otherwise, it will be called unfilial.”

As soon as these words came out, there was silence in the court hall.

Pei Xiuyan is really scheming.

He may establish a queen, but he can’t do it right away. One year after the death of the Queen Mother, who knows what changes will happen if they wait for two more years?

The Dafeng Kingdom has always advocated filial piety, and this statement really makes it hard for people to find anything wrong with it.

The two groups who were arguing were blocked and speechless.

Pei Ye calmly suppressed the smile in his eyes, his face full of sadness.

"Every time I miss my mother, I feel restless. I only regret that I failed to take good care of my mother before she was alive. In this way, I must not do anything unfilial to my mother after her death."

After saying that, he let out a long sigh, and the sadness in his eyes could no longer be concealed.

"There is no need to discuss this matter. Let's do it as the King of Qing said. I am not feeling well today. Please withdraw from the court!"

Pei Ye waved his hand and led the personal eunuch back from the court.

This is the final word on the matter of Li Hou!

There were a lot of courtiers left behind, with different expressions and talking a lot.

Pei Xiuyan took the opportunity to leave the court quickly. By the time everyone reacted, he had already disappeared.

Back at Prince Qing's Mansion, Yan Qi had just stopped the carriage at the entrance of the mansion when a red figure descended from the sky with a loud roar. The person holding a silver sword stabbed straight at the carriage as fast as lightning.

"Don't bully Ayan!"

Pei Xiuyan threw a teacup and hit the tip of the sword, making a crisp crackling sound.

He followed and floated out of the carriage.

Yan Qi and the guards who came from the mansion after hearing the news were about to step forward to help, when Pei Xiuyan said coldly: "No need!"