Chapter 085 Go Home

Pei Xiuyan's trip was extremely low-key.

The inns had been prepared in advance, and the officials on the way were even more cautious, fearing that something might happen to Pei Xiuyan on their own territory, so they made extremely thorough arrangements, so the road to Jiangnan was particularly smooth.

Every time Pei Xiuyan went to a station, he would read the latest news sent by Jiangnan. There were more and more news, and their progress on the road was getting faster and faster.

Because the matter was urgent, they spent most of the time sitting in the carriage and had no time to travel around.

On the sixth day, a thousand miles away from Jingdu, they arrived at the ferry of Kaijiang River. They switched from land to water.

Along this way, the ships did not dock and travelled day and night.

Ye Chuyan felt bored on the boat, so she began to pester Pei Xiuyan to accompany her to write poems and paintings.

Pei Xiuyan's calligraphy is wild and unruly, unique and has been imitated by everyone in the Hanlin Academy. He was happy to accompany Ye Chuyan to relieve her boredom. He would write or draw whatever Ye Chuyan wanted.

Pei Xiuyan wrote the most poems praising the scenery of Jiangnan and the great mountains and rivers, and Ye Chuyan painted the most.

There are various postures, she lowers her head to drink tea; she raises her eyes and smiles;

Those who stand on the edge of the boat and look into the distance; those who lie on the desk and take a nap...

Pei Xiuyan almost wanted to describe every gesture and moment of Ye Chuyan.

Because Ye Chuyan was afraid of water, every time they went to the deck to relax, Pei Xiuyan hugged Ye Chuyan tightly and never left.

This shocked Yan Qi.

He has followed Pei Xiuyan for so many years, and he has never seen Pei Xiuyan be so attentive to a woman. Even at the beginning, he was only superficial with Zhao Yujiao, and he never made any serious moves.

In front of others, Pei Xiuyan was still the lonely and arrogant Prince Qing. When facing Ye Chuyan, he became an affectionate husband who could not tolerate anything but his wife.

Bai Zhi felt happy for Ye Chuyan from the bottom of her heart, feeling that her master had finally come to an end.

Her relationship with Yan Qi also progressed rapidly. Yan Qi was not good at words and would occasionally give Bai Zhi something. They were all weird gadgets made by himself. Bai Zhi would accept them with a blush every time.

Ye Chuyan looked very pleased. Yan Qi was a man who was not good at using his emotions. Once he fell in love, he was loyal and unswerving. For Bai Zhi, he was a good match.

She has been thinking about how to arrange Bai Zhi properly before the revenge is over.

In this way, they finally arrived at Junxian Ferry in early April.

As soon as the boat entered the boundary of Jun County, they saw a dozen officials standing on the shore from a distance, all with sad faces.

When they saw Pei Xiuyan's boat, their eyes suddenly lit up.

The ship docked, Pei Xiuyan led Ye Chuyan off the ship, and a skinny man in his forties took the lead and walked up.

He is Zhang Daoyun, the governor of Fujun.

This time the drought occurred all within the boundaries of Fujun. The last governor who concealed the news was dismissed, and he is the latest to take office.