CHAPTER ONE: THE BITE

First day back

First day back.

I jump out of my brother, Stiles', blue jeep and sigh clutching onto the side of my bag looking at the outside of Beacon Hills High, flooded with students already.

"Wonder if Scott's here yet." Stiles' walks up to me, and we begin to walk to our usual meet up spot.

"I'm still pissed off that you didn't wake me up, by the way." I remind him, following last nights events where he heard our dad, who's the sheriff of Beacon Hills, on a call about a dead body in the woods and decided to go venturing into the woods to find it with Scott, refusing to wake me because I'm apparently 'cranky and annoying' when awoken abruptly.

"I said sorry like a million times, and promised next time I would." He groans and I roll my eyes.

Stiles, Scott and I have been a group for as long as I can remember. Just the three of us, always. I can't even remember when I met Scott, it's just always been this way. And ever since our group came together, I decided I didn't need nor want any other friends - especially here at Beacon Hills, most people here suck.

"Whatever."

"Anyways, Scott messaged me that he got bit or something after I left, dunno what by." Stiles explains to me and my eyebrows furrow.

"He got bit?" I ponder for a second. "What on earth in Beacon Hills would bite him?"

"I literally just told you I don't know."

"Well Stiles, you've always got your head behind your laptop doing whatever nerds do, you must have some ideas." I question, pushing his head as we reach our spot.

He pretends to look like he's thinking. "Uh....nope, nothing." He responds.

"Scott's probably just being overdramatic. He probably got scratched by a tree or something." I suggest and Stiles nods in agreement, about to respond but then behind him I spot the boy we are talking about.

"Hey Scott" I say to him.

I've had a crush on Scott McCall since I was about 8 years old. Growing up I did tend to get in the odd fight or two, some involving girls being bitches behind my back and some protecting my brother. On one occasion, a girl called Stiles something I can't even remember now, and I pulled her hair until she called for a teacher to save her, and yet stupid Scott McCall comforted me and made sure I was ok. Ever since then I'd liked him. He, of course, has no idea and I'd like to keep it that way.

"Whats up Madison? You get any payback on Stiles for last night yet?" He questions.

I smirk. "No, but I'm definitely planning on it."

"What the heck?" Stiles holds his hands out looking annoyed, before shaking his head and turning to Scott. "Okay let's see this thing." he grins, bouncing up and down in excitement.