CHAPTER TWO: ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS?

We step into the river after school and I left my feet up, my boots squelching when I put my foot down on the ground in front of us

We step into the river after school and I left my feet up, my boots squelching when I put my foot down on the ground in front of us. So gross, the lengths I got because of my stupid crush.

"I don't know what it was, it was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing." Scott continues explaining, as we walk through the woods. "I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things."

Stiles' brows perk up. "Smell things? Like what?"

"Like the mojito gum in your pocket." Scott tells him, and we stop in place.

Stiles digs his hand into his pocket. "I don't have any mint mojito gum in my-" Only he stops himself speaking as he pulls out an old and very disguting looking piece of mojito gum, that had probably been laying there for weeks.

"Ew." I grimace. But what didn't make sense was how the hell did Scott know he had that? Or...smell it as he said?

"So all this started with a bite." Stiles raises his brows.

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Scott questions.

I shrug. "Maybe you should talk to your mom about it. Y'know the actual doctor."

"No need - I actually think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection." Stiles tells us and we stop in place as I furrow my brows at him.

"Are you serious?" Scott questions him.

There was no way he was being serious.

Stiles puts his hands on his hips. "Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy."

I roll my eyes, listening. Scott is definitely not going to know what that word means, but as I have a nerd brother I knew exactly what he was on about. And that he was winding him up.

"What's that? Is that bad?" Scott's eyes widen, innocently.

Stiles nods. "Oh yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month."

"Once a month?" Scott questions, looking confused.

"On the night of the full moon." Stiles smirks, before howling.

Scott pushes him before continuing to walk and my brother laughs.

"You're so stupid, Stiles." I shake my head.

"Hey, Scott's the one who heard a wolf howling." Stiles sighs.

"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me." Scott looks at Stiles seriously. "Back me up here, Madison."

I sigh. "Obviously, you're not a werewolf, Scott."

Stiles nods. "But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon."