The Unfortunate Assistant

Natsuhiko's Shadow Technique had a flaw.

The problem lay in the swift flipping of the pages and the frenzied blinking of his eyes when he performed this Jutsu, making Natsuhiko appear extremely neurotic.

Even the librarian aunt, who was originally tidying up books in the vicinity, dared not approach within five metres radius around Natsuhiko now.

At the present moment, she was hiding behind the counter, secretly observing Natsuhiko.

She couldn't help but whisper, "Oh my, the curse of the Sealing Jutsu class is getting stronger..."

This librarian aunt, who seemed to have some connections with previous instructors but was clearly not a ninja, was unaware that her supposedly quiet mutterings were perfectly clear to Natsuhiko.

"..."

Natsuhiko felt that his reputation was being tarnished.

Perhaps the curse of the Sealing Jutsu class was escalating in this absurd manner.

Always being whispered about like this, even if there was no curse, he seemed to have acquired one.

Suppressing the urge to roll his eyes, Natsuhiko continued documenting the contents of the books in his hands.

If possible, he didn't want to turn this place into a performance stage.

Unfortunately, the books in the ancient book section couldn't be borrowed even by senseis; they had to browse through them in the library.

It seemed that this Shadow Technique required some improvement.

Natsuhiko found it strange in his heart.

Why did he think that using his eyes as a lens and blinking as a shutter was a good idea in the first place?

Unfortunately, improvement was not something that could be achieved quickly.

So, Natsuhiko had to endure the disapproving gaze of the librarian aunt and continue his book-scanning endeavour.

Some time later.

"After searching for a long time, it turns out you were here, kid!"

The sudden loud voice completely interrupted Natsuhiko's concentrated work state.

Turning his head, Natsuhiko saw a sensei appearing at the entrance of the ancient book section, waving and walking towards him.

"Hush!"

Seeing it was Director Umino, the librarian aunt's courage returned, and she gestured for him to be quiet, with a finger on her lips.

Natsuhiko nodded obediently to her and faced the impending attack from the sensei.

"Keep the library quiet. If you want to talk, do it outside," Director Umino said, putting a finger to his lips and motioning for silence.

With a sheepish smile, Director Umino then made a motion as if zipping his mouth shut.

Natsuhiko quickly documented the last few pages of "Summoned Beast Girl Evaluation Guide" and closed the book.

Then he pointed his finger outside, signalling Director Umino to speak outside.

The two walked out of the library under the disdainful gaze of the librarian aunt.

Outside the library, Director Umino mimicked unzipping his mouth before asking, "I couldn't find you anywhere these past few days. Have you been staying in the library all this time?"