Auditions

🎸

🎸

Chapter One | Get This Party Started

🎸

(A-troupe Auditions Outfit)

Six months ago, my whole life changed; my dad forced my sister and me to pack up our entire lives back in England and move to Canada. I lost my friends, my studio, and my role as dance captain all because my dad's new wife wanted to move. My sister and I joined the next step about five months ago. I joined B-troupe, and she joined J-troupe, but today, none of that matters; what matters is getting into A-troupe so I can defend my title as Miss International Soloist because I will not let anything stop me from making it back there.

"Miss Kate, Chris", Victoria greeted as she walked into studio A, smiling at them both as she moved to drop her bag in a random cubby.

Miss Kate and Chris are the only people in the studio other than my sister and me who know about my title as Miss International Soloist. Although I plan to defend my title, when I first moved here, I didn't want the title to determine who hated me and who loved me. My past as dance captain partially did that already; I did not need to add more fuel to the fire. 

Victoria was stretching on the floor when Chris called a dolphin tail, making the girl rise to her feet and join the crowd that had formed around him. "That dancers is the first dolphin tail of the year. Congratulations," Chris said, the dancers letting out a round of applause.

"So, let's begin auditions for A-troupe."

🎸

"All right, dancers, let's do this", Miss Kate shouted as everyone stood around the edge of the room. "Group One, I have Daniel, West, Emily and Stephanie."

As the music started, Daniel moved to the floor.

Daniel is talented, he's a great dancer and deserves a spot, but from my short time with him on B-troupe, I also learned he's cocky and overestimates his abilities, so I just hope if he does make A-troupe, he doesn't lose his head.