A-troupe

🎸Chapter Two | Everybody Dance Now🎸

🎸
Chapter Two | Everybody Dance Now
🎸

I officially made it into A-troupe. I am one step closer to making it back to internationals. I just can't wait to tell Nat.

🎸

(home)

(home)

"Nat, Nat! Nat?" Victoria called as she searched the house for her younger sister.

"I'm in the kitchen."

Victoria rushed into the room. "Hi, how are you? I'm great 'cause I just made A-troupe," she squealed as she pulled her sister into a bone-crushing hug, the two girls screaming as they jumped up and down.

"Whoa, who died? What bone is broken?" Their dad, Aaron, asked as he ran into the kitchen, making the girls fall into a fit of giggles.

🎸

(rehearsal)

(rehearsal)

Michelle had arrived late to rehearsal, telling Miss Kate she had gotten lost. "It's a new dance year, so that means it's time to pick a dance captain."

"Well, I guess we should just vote and get it over with", Emily said, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"Actually," Kate said, "things are gonna be a little bit different this year."

"We want to see what else is out there, and the dancer we had in mind was actually the dance captain at their last studio, and we want to see how she will lead this studio. Michelle," Chris said, causing Emily to shoot a glare at Michelle

"No, no, thank you", Michelle stuttered.

"No! No, thank you. See, she doesn't even want to do it," Emily snapped

"Listen, this is my dance studio, and I decided what's best for A-troupe", Miss Kate said, standing her ground. "So Michelle, are you going to audition to be dance Captain? Yes? Would you like to help the team out? Would you like to be a part of A-troupe still?

"Yeah"

"Yeah, yes, perfect, and Emily?"

"Oh yeah"

"Perfect"

Did Miss Kate just gaslight Michelle into trying out for dance captain even though she didn't want to?

If they had bothered to ask me, I would have said yes, I would love to be dance captain again