Shining time of promise

Outfit of the day

Outfit of the day

(Just imagine her with pink hair and no wings)

I woke up early the next morning and decided to take a walk around the palace.

I saw everyone getting about their day, I saw Shirayuki and waved at her "Hey Shirayuki" I greeted cheerfully, I haven't been like this in a while.

"Oh hey Kimiko" Shirayuki greeted me back just as cheerfully "What are you doing here at the palace?" I ask curious as to why she's here "Oh Kiki and Mitsuhide had asked for me to come" she responded "Oh, is that so?" I said and then I spotted Lord Haruka, most people are afraid of him and see him as a very strict man, but I've always seen him as a father figure for some reason. "Well I should probably get going, I'll see you later Shirayuki" I say waving to her, she waves back.

Later that day*

"Hey Kimiko, there you are" I hear my name being called, and I see Kiki "Oh hi Kiki, you were looking for me?" I ask her "Yes, or rather Zen's been looking for you" Kiki says then smirks "Zen..." I say a slight blush making it's way up my face, just then we enter Zen's office "Oh there you are Kimiko, Zen has been crying like a baby for you all day" Mitsuhide says teasingly "So I've heard" I say smiling "Kimiko...is...that you?" Zen asks and OH MY GOD!!!! HE LOOKS LIKE A ZOMBIE!!!! "Zen are you okay?" I ask tilting my head "Zen got caught last night sneaking out" Kiki starts "And now he's in here sulking like a baby" Mitsuhide finishes "Your still sneaking out of the palace?" I say giving him that "really" look, I sigh and say "I guess some things don't change" I then smile "Well Zen Kimiko is here now, so you don't have to write her name all over your documents anymore" Mitsuhide teases once again "I really like her name, and I didn't write her name on all the documents" Zen pouts, I chuckle at his cuteness.

Eventually Mitsuhide and Kiki leave to do their duties and Zen and I get some time alone together "So how has living in the palace been?" Zen asks me trying to make a conversation "It's been good, it's really great to be back" I say happily but then realized I slipped up "What do you mean "To be back" have you been here before?" Zen asks suspicious, I quickly try to think of an excuse but I can't find one so I decide to go along with the truth "Well I did say we might have met before" I say before looking down "Oh yeah you did say that, speaking of which when have we met though?" Zen asks, though I notice Zen looks tired, I put my finger on his lip "Shush Zen, that's a story for another time, for now rest" Zen just nods and he dozes.

The entire day was an adventure after that, there was someone that didn't want Shirayuki to be allowed to enter the palace but Zen had said me to find out who the person was and it was some guy named Obi and Lord Haruka that were responsible lord Haruka took full responsibility though, when I saw him I hugged him tightly he was shocked at first but he hugged me tightly afterwards Obi had been handed to Kiki and Mitsuhide to watch and make sure he stays out of trouble and Shirayuki decided to work in the castle as a court herbalist, things went well.