𝐂𝐡-𝟏 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

"Why haven't you woke up yet?" A high pitched voice reached my ears, before I woke up to a water splash on my face

I struggled to open my eyes, "It's been half an hour since I am trying to wake your lazy ass up." Mumma shooted glares at me as I tried to reciprocate her actions.

"I had to pull an all nighter last night, Mumma" I tried reasoning myself.

"You have your flight tomorrow, there are thousands of chores to do, wake up!" Mum admonished me.

"Okay mummy yaar, I'm getting up in 5 minutes."
I stated.

With that mumma left.

With one thought that kept revolving in my head, I stepped in my bathroom, did my morning business.
I let "Is it really happening?" Take over me.

I headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Virika, are you really sure about leaving this all behind and start a new life?" Mumma asked with concern.

"Ofcourse mumma, I am, would you guys miss me?"

"This shouldn't even be a question, Viri." Papa spoke.

"Still papa, say it na, I like hearing these words from you guys." I wheedled.

"What is that promise that you two do all the time?" Papa questioned me and mumma.

"Is it pinky promise that you're talking about?" I asked.

"Yes, pinky promise." He exclaimed while forwarding his pinky finger to me. Cutie he is.

I put my finger forward too.

"Mumma,you aren't going to miss me?" I asked while looking at mum, who tried her best to chew on her food.

"Ofcourse, as he said, this shouldn't be even a question, Viri." She said quickly, her voice cracked a bit, trying to hide her ever flowing tears.

Typical Indian moms.

"It's okay mumma, I know you are hiding your tears, could we have a mall day today, for the last time? I really want to spend some time with you." I put my request forward.

"Sure, are you done with your breakfast?" She asked me in a manner that sounded more like scolding.

"Almost. Papa try to come back home early today." I demanded.

"Hanji Viri." He said excitedly.

I pushed my plate aside, and stood up from the dining chair, heading back to my room, I saw the bouquet that I had recieved five days back.
Seeing the flowers die slowly, my heart ached, unknowingly. The note attached to it, was a bit too Cliche.
"Have a safe journey".

It's been 2 years, that I had been receiving things like this.
Is it creepy? I don't feel creeped out.
Maybe I like this attention? The feeling of having a secret admirer excites me.