𝐂𝐡-𝟖 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐡

"Good morning, mumma" my day starts off with a video call with my parents

I sat cross-legged on my bed, my laptop perched on my lap. The screen illuminated my face, highlighting the tired lines under my eyes but also the excitement in my smile.

On the screen, my family appeared, their voices overlapping as they greeted me.

My mother's face was closest to the camera, eyes bright with a mix of concern and joy.

Papa's laughter boomed in the background, a reassuring sound that made my heart ache with homesickness and relief simultaneously.

The call stretched on, filled with stories, shared laughter, and the comfort of familiar voices. Despite the miles between us ,for those precious moments, I felt like I was right back in my family's living room, surrounded by their warmth and love.

The call ended with a chorus of goodbyes and a promise to talk again soon, the screen fading to black but leaving me with a lingering sense of connection and belonging.

I let out a sigh when I saw the emptiness in the space around me.

"I have a lot to do, argh." I grumbled.

The memories from the last night came flushing into my mind.

"I need to stay away from him." I murmured to myself.

"He is pernicious."

"For now, that stupid guy needs to be out of my mind, I should focus on informing the new so called fucking guards to buy some good furniture for me."

This is what Papa told me today that he has sent guards for me, bhai are you serious?

Here I am dreaming of being an independent woman but my father has some other plans.

"Well, Its good for me, I don't have to roam around the city looking for things." I was a bit happy inside too.

"He must've sent the contacts by now." I thought while looking up for their contacts.

I called one of them named 'Jay '.

"Good afternoon mam." The heavy manly voice from the other end of the call spoke.

"Um, Good afternoon, where are you exactly, Jay?" I asked him.

"At your doorstep mam, Do you need anything?" He insisted.

"Do you have the other men too with you?" I asked.

"Yes mam."

"Okay."
With that I cut the call.

A sense of safety could be sensed inside me.

I was to now open the door to let them in and get them to help me.

I welcomed each of them inside.

No way they could be so hot .

"Good afternoon mam." They all spoke in sync.