Chapter Twenty Two

"Somebody tell me where the party's at where the bass is loud and the hot girls are at…." Tylers phone went off while he was sitting by Sage's bed watching her sleep. 

He quickly answered it not bothering to check the caller ID. "Hello?" His voice hushed, not wanting to wake his sister.

"Tyler im coming to see Sage in the morning!" Kolohe's voice came through the phone.

"Hell no! You left my sister stranded! You know how hard it was to even have her go back in the water a few months ago! Now look!" 

"Tyler! I didnt mean to-"

"Save it! No one just leaves their girlfriends struck in the rocks. Wait i should say ex-girlfriend." 

Tyler hung his phone up and said," and ladies and gentlemen, thats how you break up with a guy." 

"Somebody tell me where the party's at..." Came blasting through the phone again. 

"Sh!t!" He said grabbing his phone again. "STOP CALLING." 

"TYLER?" He heard his dads voice go through. 

"Dad! Sorry uh Kolohe's harassing Sage now, i thought you were him again."

"Its okay no need for an apology. We have worse things happening." 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" 

"You remember the burglar?"

"Yes." Tyler sucked in air, waiting for his dad to respond.

"Well he came back. This time they found him."

"Who is it?!"

"Mikey Wright. They found him at his house. He is sick! He had a shrine of your sister in his room. Pictures of her that only a stalker would have." Tyler's dad let out an angry breath. 

"Dad! We cant be there! Sage cant know that! We need to keep that away from her." Tyler rubbed his head with his hands in frustration.

"I know thats why ive already transferred to the hospital Sage is in now. We are going to move there and give her a fresh start. I know its your senior year too-"

"Dad dont even worry about it. Sage needs this and i need to be by her side." 

-----

Its been five days now and Sage hasnt woken up. The doctors are saying she went into a coma. They havent said when shes coming back. The Slaters and Florences drove to see her but only John John stayed. It was hard for Nathan to say goodbye. 

The new living arrangements are switching Drew for John John. Weird huh? The Green's house is a beach house with a secluded beach out the back.

Tyler's dad didnt want to overwhelm Sage too much with the ocean being in the backyard. He tried his best to pick a house with a small cove more like it.

John John was sitting on the chair by Sage's hospital bed when Kolohe stormed in. 

"Get the F*ck out of here!" John john yelled not caring if anyone could hear him.

"Shut up John John! She's my girlfriend NOT yours." He was about to walk up to Sage's bed when John John blocked him. "Dude i would step away if i were you." 

"You disgust me! Who leaves their girlfriends like that? Look at her! Shes in here because of YOU! Shes in a coma because of YOU! What else are YOU going to do to her?" John john said with a harsh low venomous tone.

Kolohe looked at Sage and felt his heart drop. She looked terrible in the old hospital gown. Her hair was sprawled everywhere, unlike the way she usually slept. He then took in the guilt and saw, it was all his fault. 

With that he let one single tear fall from his eyes and he turned to leave the hospital. 

**********

(One full week)

"Sage? If you can hear me. I want to let you know if you woke up i'll be here for you. I mean yeah Tyler is here too, but i'll be there for you." 

John John brushed a loose strand of hair away from Sage's face. The touch of his fingers made her hands slowly reach for his. He kept blinking not believing what he was seeing.

"Sage?" He said slowly and not trying to startle her. 

"Hmm." Is all that came out.

He was shocked and his jaw literally dropped when he felt her hand on his. He wanted to call the nurse in, but he didnt want to mess up the moment. 

Finally after a few minutes a nurse came in and thought he had moved her hand himself. 

"No i swear i didnt!" John john defended himself.

"Okay i will bring Dr. Hill in." She walked hastily to the door;  coming back with the doctor.

"Well this is a good sign. I was looking at her records and notice she has already had trauma to her lately."

"Yes sir she has." 

"Well you need to make sure she doesnt do anything straining if she wakes up."

"-excuse me? If?!" John John freaked out as Tyler came in the room with lunch. 

"Yes if..."