Chapter Thirty Nine

"Are you okay?" Kolohe nervously asked and came to my side.

"Yeah i just needed air." I felt his hand on the small of my back. It felt familiar. 

"So, how have you been?" He pulled a chair out for me. 

"Thanks." I took the seat, "Ive actually have felt a little lost and distant." I rested my head in my hands. 

"May i ask why?"

"If i knew myself, i'd tell you." I shrugged. 

I heard the DJ say, "Okay we have 4 more songs and then we'll slow it down." 

I looked at Kolohe, he had something missing in his eyes. Hope? Love? I don't really know, but something lit up before he stood up abruptly. "Look!"

I got up and tried to see what he was looking at. There were dolphins and they were breaching. "They're beautiful." I said as i saw the two following the yacht. I felt a big jerk and next thing i knew i was over board. 

---

"SAGE!" Kolohe yelled as he saw her fall from his hands for the second time. He didn't hesitate to dive in. He knew it was only a matter of time till her dress pulled her down to the depths. 

He broke through the surface and treaded the water in search for Sage. He saw a white puff so he swam to it, scooping her up from her dress. 

Her breathe broke the tension and he squeezed her limp body. "Sage Sage. Are you okay?" 

"Y-yeah. But you're squeezing me." She giggled.

"Sorry!" He let go of her feeling awkward at how close they were. She slipped but he grabbed her again, "The dress is pulling me down too much!" She got nervous, "Kolohe just untie it please!" 

"Are you sure? I can hold us up." He said not wanting her to be so fragile. She nodded her head yes. He gently took the dress off of her and let it fall. 

She clung to his body and looked into his eyes, "Kolohe? Are we going to be okay?" 

There was a double meaning to that question. Are we as two people going to be okay and survive? And are we as two people attracted to each other going to be okay?