13: Crazy

-Larry's POV-

I faced everyone, who were sitting on the steps. The presentation had ended in a disaster. I'm pretty sure Natalie had taken care of the constellations, because they were locked back in their space. I was seething. Looking for someone to blame.

"Guys, what was going on out there? Seriously, what were you thinking?" I spun. The aggravating caveman Laaa was copying every gesture I made, barking at the rivering crowd. "Laaa, I got this, okay? Just..." I wanted him out of sight for the moment. "Go over there, okay?" He walked closer. "No, over there."

I sighed in frustration. I turned to Attila. "Attila...what were you doing to that dolphin, man? It's a dolphin! And I know you recognize a dolphin. One of the most peaceful creatures on earth! But you were hacking into it like it was the Cove or something! Did you see the look on Regis Philbin's face?" Attila looked severely disappointed with himself.

"Reeju?" His voice was no more than a whisper.

"Yeah, Reeju." After several seconds of edged pacing, I stopped in front of Teddy. I was miffed about the gun thing. "And Teddy...what were you doing pointing a gun at me? And firing it? Did you want me killed?"

Teddy looked shamed. "Forgive me, Lawrence. I don't know what came over me."

"Do you even remember?" I asked.

"Not at all."

A buzzing noise come from behind me. I whirled. Laaa had a defibrillator on his head like headphones. "Put it down! That's dangerous!" Laaa didn't acknowledge me. "Laaa, those are not headphones! Stop it!" He finally listened.

I surveyed everyone once again. "I don't know what's going on with everyone, but tonight was weird. Really weird."

"We feel awful."

"It was like...an evil spell just took over."

"Yeah, we just weren't ourselves." Everyone was chiming in. Of course they felt terrible, and I had just laid the blame on them without justification.

I realized who was missing. I turned to Ahkmenrah. "Where's Natalie?" I asked. "She was supposed to keep an eye on you." I tried to ease up on the blame.

Ahkmenrah looked confused. "I never saw her." I froze.

"I'm going to find her. If you find her, let me know. Something went wrong, she should be here." I took off.

What had the girl gotten into this time?

***

-Natalie's POV-

I woke as if from a dream. I had a throbbing headache, and my sides ached.

Where was I? There wasn't any light, it was pitch black. I'm trapped in a... Where is this place?

Belatedly, I remembered what had happened. I was hit by Rexy's tail, and someone shut me in a...room? Closet? I struggled to a standing position. The walls were too close. Closet.

I reached for the doorknob. My fingers shuffled through the enroaching darkness like pale ghosts. I tried it. Locked. Oh no. I was trapped.

Dad or someone will find me. I'll get out of here, but I have to let them know.

I began to bang on the door with my hands. "HELLO? IM TRAPPED! CAN SOMEONE GET ME OUT? HELLO? ANYONE? HELP! SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I yelled for a while, until my voice wore down.

No one's coming.

I'm not proud I broke down. But I knew how Ahk felt. I realized it. No one coming to your aid...left alone to shout and scream and wail and all the while they are just out of reach, maybe searching, probably not. No one cared, and no one would. I started sobbing in that closet, crying. I hated myself for it. Inches from freedom...