TWELVE || Cut off

** The Next Day **

Sunday, FEBRUARY 20
📍August Town
7:34AM

Sunday, FEBRUARY 20📍August Town7:34AM

MALIK ANTHONY MITCHELL | 17

Waking up to the feeling of someone repeatedly tapping me, my eyes open, immediately squinting as they didn't fully adjust to the brightness in the room.

"How yuh still a sleep?? Yuh nuh feel seh light gone?" I hear Nai say.

Hissing my teeth lowly, I close my eyes letting a few more seconds pass before opening them fully.

Realizing my room felt a little different foreal, I soon picked up that the Ac wasn't on .

"As soon as the light chip out mi wake up, because mi cyah sleep inna hotness... and you round here still a draw snore and light gone bout 40 minutes now"

"So wah waking me up a go do Nai?? Me a electrician? Mi work a Jps??" I turn to glare at her, now a little irritated she woke me up.

I didn't get home until after 10pm.. Coach had us at school up until 9:30.. And I came home tired and sore.

And this likkle girl a go wake me up out a mi sleep...

"So why yah behave so strong? Go turn on the generator.. that's all I was asking.."

"Look like yuh hand dem leff up inna yuh muma enuh Nai.." I mumble, not moving out of my bed as I got back comfortable so I could go back to sleep.

"A how you full a hickey so? Yuh have girlfriend?" she changed the topic and i sigh.

"Nai, me a beg yuh please fi mek mi go sleep. Go call one a yuh whoring friend dem nuh.. Or go bother Raheem.." I spoke and I hear hiss her teeth.

"Who a bigger whore than you Malik? Know wah, mek mi come out a yuh room before mi tump yuh inna yuh mouth" I hear her scoff, soon followed her retreating footsteps and my bedroom door slamming.

She lucky.

The Ac coming back on, indicating that light came back– because I was certain that Nai didn't get to the generator that fast– I close my eyes trying to go back to sleep.

As soon as I started to doze back off, the sound of my phone ringing woke me right back up and I hiss my teeth.

Letting it ring out, seconds later it started ringing again and i irritatedly reach for it resting on the nightstand, Chloe's contact name flashing across the screen.

Shit.

Never call her when mi come in last night.

Accepting the call, I put the phone to my ear.

"You're still at training?" she's the first to speak, the sarcasm dripping off her tone made me instantly aware that she was upset.

"God know mi reach in late lastnight and did tired. Never remember fi call yuh.."