Chapter 5 - Illuminate

"...I have wondered, why is it that you refuse to use the power you wield?"

"Because it pains you?"

"Because it pains the people around you?"

"Nonsense..."

"Power is something that must be used."

"No matter the regard."

"Whether it be the innocent or the wicked..."

"Express, and dictate your power."

"Imagine it with no boundaries, Zeph..."

...

"I have a bold feeling about what'll happen, Michael."

"So I hope this message gets to you..."

"..."

"Y'know, even now I reminisce of the past, yeah... Even a dastardly idiot like me."

"Back then things were a lot looser, everyone wasn't so busy with work and all."

"It sucks being the free one when everyone else around you are restricted."

"Those days can't come back."

"But hopefully, just maybe I can keep our days counting."

"I'll do whatever I can."

"...Maybe someone out there is still experiencing what was long ago for me?"

...

"How could this have been?" Ammon, a 50-year-old monster chief and overseer of Lunar Village, stood at the center of a village, a now lonely park, as everyone was restricted from the area to avoid seeing such a terrible sight, as for those who already had, it was a small sacrifice, and so the chief stood there with the rest of the village's protectors, as they scarringly viewed the all too familiar gruesome sight, precisely the same as the other, a man hung from the post, disemboweled, stitched wounds, in a form that seemed so disfigured it appeared as though the hanging man was melted inside out, but above else, what certainly sparked the most morbid of interests, was the presence of that demonic red eye symbol, this time drawn on the ground under the villager's corpse.

"This happened at 3:23 PM, correct?" Ammon asked, to which one of his men who stood beside him nodded, Ammon's tone quickly changed from one of seriousness and calmness, regardless of what was happening within, to one of bitterness and irritation.

"So at a time where no one would usually be active... No wonder none of us was able to find them, by then they should have already escaped after setting this... Abomination to God up," Ammon said in disgust, their voice trembling as they gritted their teeth and fists.

"To hell with this murderer... All of you, I want you to search the village for clues, the culprit may have left but not in one piece, that is for sure!" Ammon furiously commanded as he pointed back over to one of the main streets of the village, to which all of his men collectively shouted in agreement, before spreading outward, walking away to the deeper, isolated parts of the village.