Chapter 6 - Stellar

"Why protect, son?"

"Why carry the burdens of others when you needn't?"

"You were born far superior to everyone else, and as such you must act like it."

"Your power and the legacy you may leave behind..."

"Must show no signs of fault."

"Understand this, Zeph."

"Your sacrifices, sacrifices of oneself, down to your very heart... Above even the sacrifices others face for you, are the most important part of this world."

"Yours is one of bliss and divinity."

...

In that very same dark room, which could practically be considered a void, the seat where that man died was still present, as was their body, with heavy chains shackled onto their throat, presumably how they died, as their tears were dry, their flowing saliva had stopped, and their eyes were lifeless, like brimstone, reduced to nothing, but above all else, what was most peculiar was that their chest had the symbol of a red eye marked onto it, which slowly began to melt like magma into the man's corpse, yet painfully and slowly, although now before the man's body, was a small table, in front of it sat the murderer, who rested their chin on their hands as if they were expecting someone.

Soon enough, the empty halls were filled with a soft, yet applauding sound of footsteps, which only grew louder and closer to where the killer sat, as a small, satisfactory smile grew on their face as they looked up into the shadows, and emerged from it, another man came, dressed in sharp clothing that seemed almost professional, yet the vibe from them was... Nothing, it felt empty and breathless as the man continued to stride forward, passing by the dead body in a look of slight contempt until their body was close enough to the table, their tall figure stood over the killer, as did them.

"Heya, I was wondering when you would come over," Adam said in a gleeful, yet playfully mocking tone.

"So, what's the job?" The man asked straightforwardly, as the killer in response, suddenly began clicking their tongue, as if trying to remember, but even the man knew it was all a foolish play, before the killer snapped their fingers, 'finally getting' the idea.

"I just need you to hunt down someone... Killing them isn't needed, I'm only doing this to test their strength and maybe exhaust them, but if you can do so, that would be twice as good," The killer raised their fingers as they rested their chin on their other hand, their eyes were scarlet-like and bloody, as the man before them crossed their arms, nodding in agreement.

"What're you paying for this? I'm sure even a guy like you would know what's to my liking," The man questioned, tilting their head to the side, yet their gaze undisturbed.

"Hm... How about this, pal? A hundred thousand is what I'm willing to pay if you are able to aggravate and fight them and come back alive..." The killer answered, to which the man heaved out a sigh, one of disappointment, but just before they were about to speak and complain, however.

"Although, if you do manage to kill the target... I'm willing to give you over a million, how does that sound?" The killer followed up, and for a short moment there was only silence, but it became increasingly clear that it was a silence of pleasure as the man laughed quietly to themselves before pausing.