chapter 1

Jimin's POV

Everything was so new. That it blinded me. Everything was a punch in the face. I struggled, desperately trying to find my class. No one cared. No one helped. They were just whispering all around me. I noticed one group of girls, they were crowded around another girl. She looked pretty. 

I kept my head down. Somehow, I managed to find my class. Still keeping my head down, I found a desk in the middle row. I pulled it out and sat. I know, I know, there was still thirty minutes until class. But I didn't want to be out there. Not with those people.

The only reason I was here was because of that stupid scholarship. Everyone else here was so rich. There parent's bank accounts were raining down with money. But here I was. The odd one out. The poor kid who lived in a cramped apartment. I know people were judging me because of that. I mean I had just scraps left after paying for the uniform I was wearing.

A fun fact about me is that I have no love. I lost my mother. My father hated me enough to disown me. And I'd fallen in love before. Not at least with boys. Everyone tells me that a girl and a girl can't be together. But the thing is, the closest thing to love I've ever had was a girl. There were holes in my heart. They needed to be filled. I needed someone. And here, at this new school, I swore that I was going to find one.

As I thought, I zoned out. The person who was now in front of me was banging on the table. I looked up to find the girl every one was crowded around in the morning. The girl I thought was pretty. I blankly stared at her hitting the table. I looked up at her, confused.

"I'm Minjeong. Move," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I was sitting here first," I replied firmly.

"This is my desk."

"It doesn't say that it's your desk anywhere," I mumbled, scanning the table I was sitting on.

"I'm the most popular girl in school, and I command you to move," she whispered, smirking at me. I felt tingles running up my spine. "Get off, peasant." 

She brought her foot close to the leg of the chair, and used it to flip the chair. I fell over with a huge plopping sound. She kicked my shins, and I got up and sat at the desk next to her.

The class looked as if they were about to burst into laughter at my fall, but they kept quiet.

"What was that for, bitch?" I muttered.

"What did you call me?" she said, her voice going dangerously sugary.

"Fuck off." I saw a sweet smile appear on her face. Her pretty face.

That made my blood boil, but I looked down at my books and the teacher came in for first period. That little witch, Minjeong. I hate her. She could die in hellfire and I wouldn't care.

But that was not going happen. Things were going to change.