chapter 5

Jimin's POV

She's resting her head on my shoulder, and she's sleeping. No matter how much I wanted to remove her head from the shoulder, I didn't. 

Soon enough, we got there. It was literally 10 o'clock, and I had no idea where we were. Everything was so pitch black that I couldn't see anything. The teachers quickly handed us some room keys and told us the directions. Me and Minjeong, half asleep, somehow still found our to the rooms.

I took a shower, did my skincare, and then she did. I quickly changed into some pyjamas from my bag, now an extremely messy one. I collapsed onto my bed. Her bed was on the other side of the room. Mine was closer to the curtains, and hers to the bathroom.

"Good night, Jimin," I heard Minjeong mumble.

"Night," I replied. And then I fell asleep. My dreams were the most random things. Then I saw something. I was kissing someone. I tried to see who it was, but then I woke up.

"Wake up," Minjeong cried. I opened my eyes in a flash. "It's 8 o'clock."

"There's still an hour until we go down to breakfast," I grumbled, grabbing my comb to brush my hair. 

"It just said on the list that they gave us to wake up now," she replied, pointing to the list taped to the door. 

"Oh," I said, feeling sorry for grumbling at her. I wore my clothes, brushed my hair again and did my skincare. I realised that every single outside t-shirt was a crop top. What was I think of?  I didn't say anything though. Minjeong might wonder why I brought so many crop tops when we were here to play soccer. 

All I can think about is who I was kissing. That couldn't have been a boy, could it. They had shorts on, and their legs were shaved. Just like Minjeong's right now. I started panicking. Oh my god. Why was I kissing a girl?

"Let's go," Minjeong said. I was kissing her. In my dream. What was I thinking of? I definitely didn't like her. I was just friends with her. But how did I know that she was going to wear those exact shorts?

I followed her, pretending like I wasn't thinking of the most vile things about me and her in my head. In my dreams. Why was I so stupid? Minjeong definitely didn't like me.

"You know, Minjeong," I said, " You never told me if you've gone out with someone before."

"Uh, yeah I have," she admitted. "We met at the coffee shop. They remembered my order, and was there every single time I came in. She ended up inviting me into the back rooms to see what was there, and we ended up making out. Her manager fired her. But then she cheated on me. With one of the boys at my school."

Wait a minute. She, her. She liked girls. I could definitely get away with kissing her.

"That's - that's so sad." I was still so shocked.

We took a walk in the park after I said I wasn't hungry. We just talked the whole time. It was fun talking to her. Aeri and Yizhuo even joined us after sometime. We looked like a friend group. I mean, they say a group of four always works out. And it did. I got what they meant. Two of them were best friends, and the other two were best friends and it just sort of worked out.

We went to go play some soccer with the other teams there. We lost on the first one. But, we won the other two. What was so cool is that I'd never seen Minjeong play soccer before. And let me tell you, she looked fine hitting goals. 

She caught me staring at her one time when it was half time. She blushed, but managed to smile at me.

"Hey," she said, coming.

"Hi," I replied, smiling the moment she sat down next to me. Then she suddenly hugged me. I felt her hands against my waist. They were cold, stinging my skin but I let them stay there. And then she started sobbing onto my bare shoulder. I felt her hot tears slip down my arms. 

"Let's go inside," I whispered gently. I led the crying Minjeong into the the change rooms.

"You're the only person I ever told about her," she mumbled. I knew who she meant. My bare shoulder was literally soaking with tears.

"Look," I murmured. "You have to let her go. It's probably been years since that."

"I can't."

"I know you're strong. I've seen you. You can let go of her, I know it."

"Her name was Wisteria," she smiled up at me. Her face was really close to mine. But I didn't kiss her. No. She would think I was the weirdest person known to man. Kissing her while she's talking about her ex.

We stayed their until night fall. We got some food from the cafeteria thing and ate in our room. We watched Korean Reality TV on my phone. We stayed up so late, laughing together, almost crying. 

"Thank you," she whispered as we lay on the floor, holding hands. 

"Why?"

"For being the best friend the world has ever seen."

"I know," I smirked.