Dahyun x Male Reader: 21:29

NY: Good morning, everyone! I would like to inform you all that the company's 25th founding anniversary is nearing. Of course there would be a company party and I encourage all of you to join in the festivities. May INY inc. live on and I hope as it prospers, you guys will be there to celebrate the company's highs.

Your boss, Im Nayeon texted to the group chat that had you and other higher ranking officials in the company. Nayeon, was a few years older than you. She was a childhood friend that took you in her company. Her being a CEO and president in a young age, she has faced many challenges but she made things work and is now very successful. However, you were also a chief in one of the divisions of her company. While not as high as per say a vice president, your salary was sufficient enough for you.

Nayeon always had a soft spot for you, she treated you like her younger brother. It was both a privilege and a curse though. It was a privilege as she gave you the opportunity to work and show your potential. Remember, you were struggling to kickstart yourself after graduation but she was there to help you up and hired you as an intern to the company and you just got yourself promoted time and time again, showing Nayeon that you're always grateful for her employing you. But, being too close to the boss, the people higher than you but lower than Nayeon always held you in extreme pressure, where one mistake could have them do a lot of bad stuff at you, they see you as a threat, at such a young age, you were already getting promoted faster than average, little did they know that Nayeon really had nothing to do with that but to sign papers that you're officially promoted.

NY: If you don't come to the company party, I'll half your salary for next month. Better reconsider not going, because I know you won't attend. Avoid being a shut-in, ok? There's lots of people that are intrigued by you. Better be a big boy now, Y/n.

You looked at your phone, another message from the boss herself yet now in a private conversation as opposed to the message earlier which was sent in a group chat.

You chuckled from the message, it's like Nayeon reading you like a book. You were never a man to like social gatherings, while not introverted, he always preferred resting after a long week of work.

Y/n: Fine, I'll go. Is there anything else you need from me?

You texted back to which you earned a response immediately.

NY: No, just go do your daily work. Do your best as always.

You were the head of a subset of the finance section of Nayeon's company. You closed your phone and immediately went back to your computer screen. While you did have the luxury of having your own office, it did make you miss the times when you were still in a cubicle, where you had other officemates to converse with, that is, until your supervisor catches you slacking off.

But now, you're the supervisor. You were not a strict supervisor by any means but it did make you realize that it was lonely at the top. Everytime someone knocks on your door, you can't help but feel excited, you are always longing for human connection. Most of the people you speak to when it comes to business are always the higher ups which you didn't relate to at all. You were a man of the people, a young man still not blinded by the intricacies of corporations. Simply meaning, you still haven't seen yourself live long enough to be the villain.

You looked at your desk and started fidgeting with the ballpen as you waited for time to pass. After a few more minutes, your door opened. Finally, you could actually do something besides just sitting down. You saw Sana, an employee older than you but works for you, she was one of your closest people in the office before you were promoted, she's still a close friend but of course since now one of you guys is higher in the ranks, you're conversation in the office tend to now be more formal.