Haerin x Male Reader: I Saw Her Standing There

Playgrounds, how do playgrounds make people feel? Of course, children love the playground. Maybe they'll love it even more if they weren't so exposed to the technological advances and actually went out more. While for adults who never really had internet and all the other stuff that came with it back then, it might seem nostalgic since it's where the oldies used to play or maybe seeing the renovated equipment make them feel that time is inevitable and everything and everyone gets old soon enough.

Either way, children and childlike alike, many people have good memories worth a lifetime. And today, let's just say a seed was planted which bloomed into a beautiful friendship.

Y/n, a six year-old who frequents the playground, it was a normal Saturday for him, his mother often tells him to go out more so he stays here.

He was scouting where he could play, he didn't like to be in parts where there were more people even though he was extroverted in nature. But it's not like he doesn't know the other children there. There was Minji, an eight year-old that sometimes gets asked by some of the other parents to babysit their children. One of those children that she's babysitting right now is Hyein, a three year-old girl that enjoys playing on the sandbox, albeit Minji tries to take Hyein away from that place because apparently for the four year-old, sand tastes nice.

"Hey, Y/n! Looks like your mom made you go here again." Minji asked, getting the boy's attention.

"Yeah... I would've loved to play on my 3DS but my mom had other plans for me. Also, you're taking care of Hyein again, Minji-noona." Y/n sighed in defeat as Minji smiled at him.

"Well, there's nothing we can rea- and Hyein's trying to eat some sand again... I'll catch up with you later!" Minji said as she ran to the sandbox to the little Hyein.

Y/n then walked around and looked at the corner and saw a girl hiding at the post, seemingly the only one alone among the sea of kids. He looked to the left and saw a dog barking in the direction of the girl. It looked like she was scared so Y/n grabbed the wooden stick near him and thought it was showtime.

Wooden stick in hand, he ran to the dog and took his attention, "Hey, big guy."

The dog looked at him and was growling at him, he waved the wooden stick to which got the dogs attention. He smirked, "Get it!" He said as he threw the stick far away as the dog tried to chase the flying piece of wood.

Y/n walked up to the girl and asked, "Hey, are you okay?"

The girl smiled, "Yes, thank you..." She said quietly, almost inaudible for Y/n. The girl looked unfamiliar, a face Y/n had never seen before.

"You're new here? I'm sorry if the question was out of the blue but I've never seen you before." Y/n remarked as Haerin nodded in agreement.

"I'm Kang Haerin, six years old. Me and my family just moved here. We're from the town next to this." The girl replied, revealing her identity.

"I'm Y/n! Also seven. Want to play?" Y/n asked, offering his hand to which Haerin obliged.

The two played on the slide, on the seesaw, on the carousel, on the monkey bars to which Y/n tried to show off but fell down to the ground. Overall, the two had fun, Y/n's extroverted and approachable nature made it so that Haerin could feel comfortable. Haerin is in a new place, yet Y/n made it feel like home. After some time, they were already at the swing, relaxing after a somewhat rigorous playdate. It was all fun and games until...

"Woof! Woof!" A noise said, the dog was back and it seemed angry at Y/n.

"Stand back, Haerin." Y/n said as the two of them stood up, Y/n used his hands to block the dog's view of Haerin.