Skylar Montgomery

Kamryn is the shit. Ember thought to herself. An entire week had passed, and they spent every day trying different looks for Lavainah's party.
Ember was already beautiful. Being mixed with Japanese and black, even in her natural state nobody could fuck with her. She had inherited her Japanese grandmother's blue eyes and with her mother being half-breeded herself, her figure was to die for. Mario and her grandfather were tall, so she was no midget standing at 5'7. Her hair was difficult to maintain, but beautiful whether it was curly or straight. It was easy to see why Lavainah would be a hater, but she had no reason to. That bitch was quite a looker herself.
Lavainah was who the boys wanted in school. She developed quicker than all the other girls, but her 5'5 height made all the boys love her. Before she lost 30 pounds, she was nicknamed Thickumz, but now at 125, she was the inspiration behind many a wet dream. Her chest stuck out, and her ass put Nicki and Beyonce to shame. Her face would make you think she was Keri Hilson's long lost sister, and her brown eyes could hypnotize any man to empty his wallet. Dream girl, right? Wrong. Lavainah loved sex, and she tried to use it to her advantage, which is why she only attracted niggas like Tyrell, who didn't want to make her wifey because they didn't have to work for her love.
The day before the party, Ember tried on a short honey blond bob wig, and fell in love with it instantly. As her dark hair disappeared under the wig, she began to look more youthful and she considered actually cutting her long hair. Her dimples showed as she smiled at the woman on the mirror.
"Kam, this is it. I don't even look like me" she gushed.
"Yeah, I really like that one. Are you sure that's the one you want and not the red one?" Kamryn replied as she picked up a short red wig with black streaks. Ember shook her head.
"Nah. This one makes me wonder why I even bought that shit." She replied as she adjusted the wig. It looked kinda big, but it was only because her hair wasn't tied down. Kamryn would braid it once she made her decision. "Yeah. This is the one."
"OK. So what are you gonna wear? She said it was a cook out so it can be somethin casual. No rich girl shit like you're used to. Tomorrow, your name is Skylar Montgomery, not Ember."
"I can still look cute though, right? " she asked. She hated looking like a bum. Although she was born in the Hood, and was Hood through and through, Ember was the definition of bourgie. It was all because of her father. Although he wasn't there, he spoiled his two baby girls. All of Annitra's kids we're spoiled, but Ember and Faith were spoiled rotten. From ages 5 to 18, Mario made sure his daughters were only seen in name brand clothes, and it was all possible because of his lucrative drug trafficking business, which is still booming today.When Ember turned 18, her father wrote her a ten thousand dollar check, bought her a car, and paid for the first full year of college. Thats when he told her that it was the end of the line, and daddy's money was no longer daddy's and Ember's money. Three years later, Faith got the same treatment, and the father daughter relationship deteriorated.
When Mario cut Ember off, she stretched her money all the way through to her junior year in college, but she still shopped on a regular basis using the money she earned from her job at Wells Fargo. She was always up on the latest fashions, and absolutely detested being seen on something that someone else would be wearing.
"Of course you can still be cute, but instead of a Donna Karan romper, try something from Papaya, or instead of Sergio Valente, try Aeropostale. What I'm tryina say is: Come back to your roots."
"Papaya? Aeropostale? Are you serious?"
Kamryn's face told it all.
"Jesus Christ, you really are serious."
"Damn skippy. No Macy's, Sears, Bebe, Juicy Couture, Gucci, none of that. You are not rich you live in Decatur, Ga, drive a Toyota, and your apartment is nothing to be desired. Ember died." Kamryn drilled.
"Don't remind me, please. We wouldn't even be sitting here if I hadn't died."
"Yeah, we really wouldnt. I don't know if you remember or not, but you haven't been around this way on Damn near two years. If you hadn't died, ain't no tellin when we would see you again."
"Yeah. I'm sorry for that." Ember said. She felt bad.
"Ain't no biggie. You're here now, that's all that matters. We still love your anti-social ass. Just don't go MIA again once you get back on your feet. I've enjoyed havin you around despite the circumstances." Kamryn replied as she grabbed a comb and grease for Ember's hair. Ember smiled. She and Kamryn had been friends since freshman year in high school, and although Ember never let Kamryn come between her and Lavainah, they tried to remain close. Once Kamryn married Simon, they were bound together for life, and it felt good that there was still someone there that she could call a friend.
Kamryn braided Ember's hair in neat cornrows that zig-zagged all over her head. It was a bit 2003ish, but she liked it. The wig looked even better with her wild mane tamed, and she loved how it framed her face. Ember couldn't wait to see Lavainah tomorrow, but one question kept ringing on her her head: would she be able to contain herself in Lavainah's presence?

Sorry for the delay, my phone is on some bullshit and I need a new one. But as always vote and comment and hit that star. I so thankful that I'm getting views on my story, they're keeping me going. Muahs BTW I'm going to add pics of Ember and Lavainah.