34 : Backstory

[❗Short chapther ahead ❗]

Third person pov

Silence. . .

"...That's enough cale." Surprisingly it was zeros who decided to speak out loud. The room was messy. Broken glasses everywhere, from the mirror to the vase--one might even think that the room just got ransacked. 'because it did. Get ransacked. By cale henituse, himself.' Zeros thought while frowning as the trio look towards the redhead who was standing quietly in the middle of the room, blood dripping from his palm while his jaw was clenching.

"I knew it. I told you, you should've stay away from her." Aster said while groaning as he crossed his arms over his chest, on the other hand, there was geno who was sighing for the umpteenth time while massaging his temple. "--That woman will do no good to you."

"Aster!"
"What!? It's true though.."
"You cannot force someone to love someone else's back."

"...Tsk." Aster clicked his tongue as he looks awag from geno. Before sighing as he frown while muttering. "..Right.. sorry, but still.. I don't get how cale is too attached with her.."

"--Even in this regression of ours." Aster added making the three of them turned silent. Recalling just how surprise they were when they first saw roksoo with cale once again in this regression. What worried them the most is how Cale and Roksoo in this timeline turned into lovers--when the both of them were merely acquaintance. Bestfriends specifically in the last timeline. Although they were sure that Cale has an unrequited love with her.

.

.

.

"So.. you're originally from another world?" the redhead asked towards the ravenette woman standing beside him. While the two of them stands into the balcony and bask into the moonlight coming from the full moon at the henituse castle.

"Mhm.. Earth that's we called it." Roksoo replied, while humming softly as she close her eyes for a moment. "You don't seemed surprise." She added. Earning a small chuckles from cale.

"I already knew it beforehand. The god of death.. Azrael informed me about you before i met you at the forest of darkness. I was just waiting for you to tell me yourself."

"Hm.." Roksoo hum in response as she open her eyes, ruby red eyes gazing back at him as a small genuine smile painted her beautiful face. "Sometimes.. When you act like that, you remind me of someone." She added before yawning softly as she laid down her head on his shoulders, the latter wrapping an arm around her in reflex. "Do you know? And whom did i remind you of?"

"...Lee soo hyuk."
"Lee soo hyuk?" Cale raised his brows, the name felt like an alien into his tongue, probably because it sounded foreign. And came from this 'earth' that kim roksoo came from. Although Cale had already heard about this 'lee soo hyuk' that roksoo would occasionally talk about.

"Mhm.. As you know, he's a responsible team leader back in my world.. Lee Soo Hyuk is a man who cares greatly for his subordinates and those close to him. Thanks to his incredible determination to protect those around him, along with his natural leadership abilities, he inspires a lot of loyalty in his followers." The redhead turned silent as he had no choice but to listen towards the woman he liked talks about other men. 'but of course, what rights do i have to be jealous? I'm not even her lover.' Cale thought to himself as he clenched his fist.

Cale henituse was no fool. Based on his past experience with women before.. He knew exactly that look. That look that roksoo would have whenever she would talk about lee soo hyuk.

--Lee soo hyuk was Kim roksoo's first and last love until she took her last breath.

.

.

.

His fist clenched as he looked down at her. His eyes darkening as he recalled every. Every single little piece of memory he has in both of his before and after regression.

'Such a pale skin..' he thought as he gently caresses her neck, Kim roksoo had always been a weak and fragile, delicate little thing in both of his regression. 'I wonded what would've happened if i snap her neck..' the redhead's grip unconsciously tighten on her neck--not enough to choke her, but enough to out pressure.

However, Cale immediately snapped that thought away as he pulled his hand away from her neck. "why him and not me? I stayed by your side. I was there. I was the one protecting you and all.. So why not me..? Even in this regression--i finally became your lover, but it seemed like it was still the same as before.. i don't know what to believe anymore.." The redhead muttered, his soft mellow voice echoing into the quiet room as he looked down at his sleeping lover.

"--All i ever wanted to know was.. Did you really put me in your heart? Or do i even have a place in your heart on the first place..?"

The redhead gritted his teeth, scowling before he turned around and walks out the room... "Cough! What the--did he just.. he definitely tried to strangle me right now.." kim roksoo muttered, as her eyes snapped wide open while sitting up, her face turning pale as she holds her neck. a shiver running into her spine.

"Is this what the god of despair said, when i should not trust cale too much?"

.

.

[the reveal lol, if you guys have question i can answer them in the comment section. Regarding this little backstory/flashback.]