Marcus's birthday

In a town near a harbor we can find a market and in that market is a girl walking around with a woven basket and a piece of paper containing everything needed for groceries. Her basket was already full holding what appeared to be various meats, fruits, and vegetables. She walked through the market noticing that she had to make one final stop. As she walked to a pharmacy someone stopped her. It was a neighbor of her employers. She turned to the elder woman.

"Miss Rodmich. Nice meeting you here," The woman said with a smile. The girl named Enyo Rodmich smiled back. Her smile was polite and the only thing showing emotion as the rest of her face was emotionless.

"Likewise Ms. Smith," Enyo said holding her basket firmly. Miranda Smith was a close friend of Enyo's but despite that, it was impolite bordering on rude to address each other by their first names.

"So are you preparing a feast with all that meat?" She asked. Enyo just nodded looking down at her goods.

"Well, It's Mr. Anderson's birthday soon. I have to make gelatin from pig ears and skin since he hates the synthetic versions," Enyo said. Miranda smiled politely.

"It gives you a chance to eat properly. Enyo you are too thin," the elder woman said dropping the manners that the elder should have. The younger just smiled knowing how her acquaintance hated the mask called politeness.

"I know but I actually like being this thin," she lied. Mirida glared not really believing the younger as it must be painful to not eat enough.

"I don't believe you one bit but I guess it's a sore spot for you just know if Mr. Anderson ain't feeding ya then Ima come to your crip and beat the bloody heart out of 'im," Mirida said gaining a very heavy accent and dialect in the middle of it Enyo was shocked. She didn't know that her friend came from a place with such dialect nor vulgar speaking.

"I promise you he is not preventing me from eating," Enyo said her voice almost void of emotions but it showed her displeasure at the comments. looking down at her groceries. She would have to hurry or else a cheese at the bottom of the basket would start to smell.

"Speaking of the celebration You should be getting an invitation soon enough. As much as I would like to talk I unfortunately have to go," Enyo said as they bid their farewells. She got in and got a prescription written by Marcus. She got it quickly but was stopped by a second bottle on the counter. She looked at the woman behind the disk. Agnes her drug dealer.

"I know you are low," She said. Enyo smiled and pulled out a pouch containing the payment. She took the bottle that held her cigarettes.

"Now Just tell me if you need another bottle. You don't need a prescription for these," She said with a sweet smile. Enyo rolled her eyes playfully. She actually did but they were being sold under the table.

"Of course. I gotta go and tell your cousin to mind his own business the next time you see him," Enyo said walking out and ignoring her questioning. She smiled genuinely as she walked by seeing a child on the side of the road begging for food. It halted her smile. A little kid in trouble. He was young enough to go into foster care. He didn't have a reason to be begging. He could easily find a place to stay. He was quite honestly an eyesore if you asked Enyo. She walked passed him with no sympathy. Marcus did not share her opinion of the homeless children. He believed they should be saved and always gave them food when he walked by a child. Enyo didn't feel sympathy for anyone but two specific minorities. The handicapped and the visibly disfigured. The handicapped were unable to fend for themselves and the visibly disfigured had a hard time getting a job. Enyo herself was not disfigured enough that it would affect her but she didn't quite care. She could hide her defects some people couldn't. The child she had walked by could just go to any government building and would be put in a foster home where they would remain until they were 14 years old where the family would either keep them or they could find a job like she had. She returned home and started the preparations for the feast that was soon to come.