Chapter Six - Back to Normality (Almost)

Chapter Six – Back to Normality (Almost)

Emily awoke with a start to the sound of rolling thunder. For a split-second the room flickered with a bright flash of light, and a moment later, a low, booming rumble filled the air. She gazed up at the dark ceiling, listening as the rain began to tap against the window. She sighed, feeling the bulky weight from the swollen, double nappies as they pressed down against her crotch, making her feel both stifled and safe.

"Three AM" she mumbled, as she glanced over at the alarm clock on Alex's bedside table. Really need a wee, she thought, shifting her legs under the duvet as she tried to find a more comfortable position. She reached down and pressed her hand against the front of her thin pyjamas, feeling the swollen padding beneath. It crinkled quietly as she shifted it back and forth, the weight of it pressing heavily between her legs.

Her growing desperation had become unignorable. She huffed and sighed as she lay fidgeting and struggling to hold on. She pulled her hand away and sat up slightly, squinting through the dark bedroom towards the door as it was momentarily illuminated by another flicker of lightning. She briefly considered sneaking off to the bathroom, but glanced back over at Alex and thinking better of it. Another boom of thunder rumbled through the air as she settled herself back down in the bed.

This is ridiculous, she thought, as her hand wandered down to her crotch again, and she began fidgeting with the squishy padding. I can't just lie here, awake all night. I'll be too tired for work in the morning...

Before she could even rationalise what she was about to do, her body made the decision for her, and she began peeing where she lay. A radiant warmth spread from between her legs and flowed downwards as gravity directed the hot, flowing liquid to the padding beneath her buttocks. She let out a frustrated little moan as the flow intensified, spreading faster and threatening to leak. Suddenly, as the back of her nappy filled, the warmth spread upwards, soaking into the fabric at the front and leaking out around her hips, trickling into the pink plastic pants that covered her thick, soaked nappies.

Emily moaned as she felt the hot liquid trickle across her skin, making her feel helpless and frustrated. But through her frustration, came an overriding sense of relief, as her bladder emptied and her body relaxed. She let out an involuntary, contented sigh and settled back down into the bed, nuzzling her head into the pillows and enjoying the weightless feeling from the soft, springy mattress. She shut her eyes and smiled, feeling the warmth through her pyjamas with the palm of her hand. With a little yawn, she dozed off to sleep again, relaxed and happy.

***

The piecing sound of the alarm rang out from Emily's phone. Rolling onto her side, she groaned and silenced the irritating device. She rolled onto her back again, and pulled a pillow over her head to try to block out the bright, unwelcome light.

"Emily!" shouted Alex from somewhere out in the hallway.

She groaned again and pulled the pillows tighter over her head.

"Emily!" he shouted again, not hearing a response. "You'd better be getting up. You'll be late for work."

"I'm working from home today!" she shouted back in a sleepy, irritated slur.

She heard no reply. For a brief moment, she felt a small wave of relaxation, enjoying the comfort of the bed in peace.

"Emily?" came his voice again, this time sounding clear and close.

"What?" she huffed, shifting the pillow from her face and opening her eyes to see him standing in the bedroom doorway.

"You're working from home, are you?" he asked, holding a large cup of coffee between his hands.