𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝟑.𝟎𝟗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄

Stiles drove as fast as he could trying to get to his house hoping to catch his father before he headed back to the station but even if he drove fast he felt the drive become much longer as he wondered what he could say to make his father believe him if he even tried to believe him.

It didn't seem the drive made much difference.

Once they reached the Stilinski house and gathered in Stiles' room with his father all Stiles could do was pace around his room whispering to himself.

As Stiles paced Noah looked over to Alexandria hoping to get some sort of explanation knowing that between his son and her she would be the only one to give a straightforward answer.

Unfortunately all the girl could do was send him a small shrug earning her a sigh while Alexandria shared a look with Cora.

Neither admitted it but they could feel a surge of pain running through them Alexandria hadn't even known where the pain source was coming from considering she had finally avoided being attacked for most of the week.

"Stiles." Alexandria called out to him, stopping him in his tracks before she gestured to the sheriff who was ready to leave after not being told anything else other than it being urgent.

Hearing her, Stiles nodded, focusing on his father trying to keep one thought still as he spoke, "Okay, okay, okay, okay. Yes, okay. No. . ."

"Stiles?" Noah questioned his son with a tired expression seeing him returning to his pacing and if he was honest it had become more than he could handle.

"Dad, I'm sorry, okay? I'm just. . . I'm trying to. . . I'm just trying to figure out how to start here." Stiles stepped closer to his dad as he admitted still feeling the nerves rushing through him unaware of the outcome.

"Hey, I don't have this kind of time." Noah reminded his son, thinking about the cases that ran the town with fear.

Knowing it was now or never Stiles took a deep breath, "For the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like. . . it's like you've been playing a losing game."

"Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son." Noah grumbled already having enough stress when remembering the failed cases over the year.

Hearing his father, Stiles sighed trying to figure his thoughts once again trying to get a way Noah could understand him while the two Hale girls waited for their part.

One second Stiles was filled with worry until his eyes caught something, having his face brighten as he rushed to his dresser.

"Okay, see but that's just it, dad. The. . . the reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board." Stiles rushed to grab his chess board knowing how much his father knew it before showing the pieces. "I need to show you the whole board."

☽⋆☾

The Hale girls watched as Stiles set out the chess board marking all the pieces to the people in their lives involved.

For Noah each name added just felt like another headache trying to burst out of him.

"Scott and Derek are werewolves?" Noah raised his eyebrows staring at the names on the chess board, earning him a nod from his son. "And Kate Argent was a werewolf?"