Chapter 3 - Dad

My Dad opens the door. He's a tall, thin looking man with sallow skin, a large and hooked nose. He has shoulder-length, greasy black hair which frames his face, and cold, black eyes. He wears black, flowing robes.

Jane and I froze cause of how scared we were. He looked at us intensely. We stayed still.

"I don't have any money." He coldly said. I was so startled and scared, I stuttered at what I was trying to say.

"A-A-Are you the owner o-of this ad-d-dress?" I stuttered as I showed him the written address. He looked at it. "Yes this is me. Why are you here?" He asked.

I was so stressed and worried I just blurted out my name. "My name is Sierra!" I yelled. I can tell he was calmer. Cause I could feel that his aura got calmer. It's not intense as it was before.

"Oh, it's you. I wondered when you would get here... your mother told me you were coming, but you never came. So I thought she changed her mind." He explains.

He lets Jane and I in. As we walked towards the living room, I decided to talk to him. "Sooo, I guess your my Dad?" I question.

We both stop on our tracks. "I guess so. You seem to have some features of mine. But also some of your mothers." He says as he looks at me. He then looks at Jane.

"Is that your pet cat?" He asked. Jane then yelled nervously: "The name's Jane, Sir! I'm a friend, not a pet!" She corrects.

He wasn't even startled by the fact she can talk! He did seem surprised but not so surprised as though he's seen stuff like this before. "Are you an Animagus?" He asked.

"What's an Animagus?" We both question. "An Animagus is a witch or wizard with the rare ability to transform into a particular animal at will." He explained.

Magic, huh? "Well... I don't know sir..." she replies.

"She said that she has no memory of what or who she is. She said that all she remembers is a faint picture that she says she sees a woman, a bright light, and two children, Sir." I explained.

"You know you don't have to call me: sir." He softly stated. I just looked down.

"That's interesting. How long have you had her?" He asked. "The day when my mother threw me out, Sir." I explained briefly.

"Wait, she threw you out?!" He yelled surprised. I backed up a little from being startled. Whenever Mom yelled or raised her voice, it always meant something was coming.

My mom beat me all the time for the littlest thing, I was so use to someone hitting me and getting mad at me that I backed up and blocked myself.

Even though Jane didn't go through it she copied my actions. "Y-Yes sir she did!" I frighteningly yelled covering myself.

"Why are you blocking yourself?" He asked. "Y-you're.. not gonna hit me?" I questioned.

"Why would I hit you?" He questioned. "Because.... my Mom... she would beat me.." I reply sadly.

He looked surprised. "She'd beat you?" He asked worried. I put my hands down. "Yes sir." I replied.

"You don't have to talk formal.." He assured. "I'm sorry! I'm just so use to doing what I use to do at the old place!" I apologize.

"Don't worry... you live with me now and you don't have to do what you did at her house." He assured putting his hand on my shoulder.

I felt a breath of relief come out of my chest, I collapsed, sitting down on the ground from the relief. I didn't realized that I had so much stress.