𝟺 - 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛

-/-\-

-/-\-

Diana hadn't really thought it through when she told Jason to jump after Piper. Did she regret it? No, not really. She thought maybe there was a reason for it, but it had been a full minute now, and Jason and Piper were still gone over the ledge. She tried to do a quick check on Leo to check that everything was still intact in that head of his, her worries pressed to the very back of her mind.

Diana checked up her sleeves. There was nothing there, but when she thought about it and flicked her hand like she'd done earlier, the blades that lay on the ground a distance away disappeared and reappeared in her hand before vanishing again. She had the feeling that it would be there when she needed it.

"What on earth," Leo said, looking down at her hand where blades were appearing and vanishing with only a thought of her mind. Magic.

"How do you..." Diana looked startled over her shoulder where Jason and Piper had landed again. It seemed Jason really could fly. The Cherokee girl had managed to walk all the way to where she was standing behind Diana, silently watching the wonder the blue-eyed girl had performed.

"Wish I knew," Diana said, a sad smile on her face.

"Stupid ... ugly ... goat," Leo muttered, grabbing the attention of Jason, who quickly helped him get to his feet.

"Where did he go?" Piper asked.

Leo pointed straight up. "Never came down. Please tell me he didn't actually save my life."

"Twice," Jason said. "Though Día could've saved you the first time."

Leo groaned even louder. "What happened? The tornado guy, the gold sword, Diana's endless supply of knives... I hit my head. That's it, right? I'm hallucinating?"

Jason had seemingly forgotten about the sword. He walked over to where it was lying and picked it up and flipped it.  Midspin, the sword shrank back into a coin and landed in his palm.

"Yep," Leo said. "Definitely hallucinating."

Piper shivered in her rain-soaked clothes. "Diana, those things -"

"Venti," Jason said. "Storm spirits."

"Okay. You acted like ... like you'd seen them before - both of you. Who are you?"

Diana summoned one of her knives again, fidgeting with the handle to keep her memories at bay - well, to stop thinking about the memories she had lost.
"It's as much of a mystery to you as it is to me," she said truthfully, refusing to meet anyone's gaze.

"That's what we've been trying to tell you," Jason said. "We don't know."
Diana looked up to see the other kids from the Wilderness School staring out of the glass doors in horror. Security guards were working on the locks now, but they didn't seem to be having any luck.