Chapter 13

At one-thirty on the dot, friends and neighbors began to arrive at the Manobans' house. By two-thirty, the party was in full swing. As much as she normally enjoyed her family's Labor Day party, she was kind of disappointed to have it underway now. Hanging out at her childhood home with Roseanne and watching her get along so well with her parents was kind of surreal and Lisa didn't want it to end. She secretly hoped Roseanne would stick around after everyone left the party so they had more time like that together.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Roseanne coming up beside her and putting an arm around her waist. "My parents just texted to tell me they're here. Ready to meet the people who made such perfection?"

"But that already happened hours ago when you met my parents."

"Ha-ha. Good one. Let's go."

Lisa was surprised when Roseanne grabbed her hand and dragged her through the house. When did hand holding become so natural between them? Lisa had no idea, but she didn't care, because it felt amazing. Unfortunately, Roseanne dropped her hand as soon as her parents were in view.

"Mom! Dad! Over here!" she yelled while waving her hands.

Roseanne definitely resembled her dad more than her mom. He had short blonde hair and those same brown eyes while her mom had brown hair and eyes. They were both tall just like Roseanne. They honestly looked much younger than Lisa expected, but she figured they must have had Roseanne earlier than Lisa's parents had her since they had another daughter eight years later.

"Hi! You must be Lisa," Roseanne's dad said as he reached his hand out to her.

Lisa accepted his firm handshake and tried to return it just as firmly. "It's very nice to meet you, sir. I've heard so much about you both."

"We've heard a bunch about you too. My daughter couldn't stop singing your praises last night," Mrs. Park added. She held her arms out toward Lisa. "It's so nice to meet you, dear. I hope you don't mind, but I'm a hugger."

Lisa readily accepted her embrace. "I don't mind one bit. I'm also a hugger."

Except, that was a slight lie. Lisa hadn't been much of a hugger before meeting Roseanne, but now that she knew how good it felt to be wrapped in those arms, she was obsessed. The prime example was their hug earlier when Roseanne first arrived. It killed her to pull away. She would have stayed like that all day if she could have.

"Let me take you guys out back and introduce you to my parents. They'll be so excited to meet you."

To absolutely no one's surprise, their parents hit it off as soon as they met. They had a lot in common, including their obsession with their daughters and sports and the fact that their daughters used to play sports.

"I'm sure they'll entertain each other for hours," Lisa whispered to Roseanne. "Now is the time to sneak off to my room."

She took Roseanne's hand once again and led her back through the house and up the stairs to her room. Her bedroom looked the same way since high school. The walls were covered with pictures of her and her friends and the shelf that lined the whole room was filled with trophies and plaques.

Lisa dropped Roseanne's hand and wrapped her arms around her from behind, kissing the spot just below her ear. "Want to try out my old bed?"

Roseanne turned around and pushed her away with one hand. "I'm not having sex with you while your parents are hosting a Labor Day party downstairs. That's just wrong."

"Says the girl who gave me an orgasm in the middle of a restaurant."

Roseanne smiled and bit her lip in a way that caused so many dirty thoughts to run through Lisa's head. "That was different. You were wearing that tight black dress. I couldn't control myself."