CHAPTER TWO

A new day has begun.

"Layla, good morning."

"Caroline, good morning."

"Today is your first day at University, how do you feel about that?"

"Well, I'm nervous because everything is new to me, I mean, classmates, teachers, challenges, and you?"

"Same as you, but I am calm, owing to the fact that Joey is going to be with me."

"What?"

"You know how he is, so he's going to be with me in my classes all day, so that I get familiar with teachers and classmates."

"Joey loves you."

"Yes, I know, I am in the process of being happy with him for now."

"I perceive it because your eyes always betray you."

"What about you? Are you going to see Halil today?"

"Yes, well, he isn't going to be with me all day, but he's going to pick me up at the University."

"If you want, we can take the tube together."

"Okay, just give me five minutes and we'll go."

"All right, I'm waiting for you."

"Caroline, I'm ready, let's go, I don't want to be late on the first day of classes."

"Oh, you are never going to quit being so responsible."

◆◆◆

I meet a familiar face when I'm arriving at the University, I can't believe it's Carlo, I'm walking slowly towards my classroom in which I'm going to have my first class, he's approaching me, oh yes, Carlo is coming to greet me.

"Hey Layla, how are you?"

"Carlo, hello, I'm very well, I'm excited because this is my first day in school, what are you doing here?"

"Don't worry, I'm not harassing you, I'm going to study at this University too, apparently we're going to be classmates, what an excellent coincidence to me, by the way, why haven't you accepted my friend request?"

"Mmm... I usually don't go on social media and I haven't seen your friendship request, you already know I'm absent-minded," I don't like telling lies, but, what could I say to Carlo? The truth is: I dislike him, and I'm not interested in him at all, I don't want to seem arrogant and rude to him.

"You have not changed a bit, even though you look so sexy."

"Thank you."

"When do you want us to go out? My offer still stands, you and I could spend some time alone, pleasant moments! You know what I mean."

"I perfectly understand what you mean, but I'm definitely not interested in going out with you," I try to just breathe, it is impossible not to be rude to Carlo, he is an imbecile, "with your permission, the teacher already entered the classroom, I came here to study, I'm not looking for a date and end up in bed with someone."

During class, Carlo sends me a note which says:

Layla

Don't get caught up in this! You can do anything you want, you can study, have sex, it's just a matter of we get to know each other well, I can make you see fireworks, if you want, you will be able to ask several girls about it.

Carlo.

What? He's a real stupid, I break into several pieces the note that he sent me; the class is over, so I'm running to the next class, I look like the roadrunner and the skunk is Carlo, during the classes he's not taking his eyes off me, I ignore him at all times, I try to sit away from him; he approaches me again.