Nine

Gabby's POV

"Holy shit" I heard coming from the side door and Mark pulled away.  "Yooo what's up Jack" Mark said and I got the ick.

"Not much man just heading to the bathroom, did I uhm interrupt something?" He said eyeing me down. 

"Uhm Mark I gotta go find Emily.  I'll text you later" I say hopping off the counter grabbing my cup and bolting out of that kitchen. 

Right as I was walking out of the back door Jack grabs my wrist and whispered in my ear.

"Watch out Aalbers, Mark's not the guy for you let's just say that" he says in a low tone and I rip my wrist out of his grasp and walk out.

I make it about 10 steps before I collied with another person and end up flat on my ass.

"Sorry" he says and grabs my arm and lifts me up.

"It's alright" I say getting up without looking at the face of the person that knocked me down.

"Gabby?" The voice said.  But this time I knew who the voice belonged to.

"Owen?" I said and mentally cursed my "great" luck today.  First Jack walking in on Mark so close to finger-fucking me on the kitchen counter and now my the guy who cheated on me is now looking down at me.

"It's uh it's good to see you" he says scratching the back of his neck. 

"Yeah it's good to see you too" I say and stare at my bare feet now covered in sand. 

"I should get going" I say pointing to Emily and her waving back at me. 

"Yeah yeah of course, maybe I'll see you around" he says walking into the kitchen. 

I start walking over to Emily but someone.  That someone being Trevor intercepts me before I can get to her.

"What're you doing talking to Owen again, after what he did to you." He says in a hushed whisper.

And I'm an even quieter one he says.  "After what he did to me" he said looking around to make sure no one heard him. 

"Trevor it's fine he just said sorry after accidentally knocking me down."  I said shrugging.

"After what he did to us, just stay fucking away from him."  He says in a mean tone but I know he's not trying to be mean he's just being protective.  "Now let's smile and go party."  He says as we walk off to our "perfect" friend group.