Chapter One

Outside the academy, Bonnie glances around at her coven. Each holding an umbrella over their heads. Dressed in their all black. Looking like a group on the way to a funeral. Waiting. For the car to pull in front of the academy. For him to arrive. The connection between the seven witches strengthens with every second that passes. An insatiable desire to be together forms deep within their chests. Latching onto the very cores of their beings. The all have some story that brought them to the academy. Their souls itching to find out his. Their magic rampaging within them to be with the missing piece. Ronald looks down at his watch. One minute to the witching hour.

..........

Camrone is situated in the backseat. Leaning on the window. Watching the clouds pour their tears on the world. Closely Observing the raindrops as they all race down the car window. A street light illuminating the road before another replaces it in an endless cycle. His mother humming a tone as she drives through the harsh weather. The clouds seeming to not vanish anytime soon. They aren't making his mood any better. He comprehended what his mother was telling him earlier. Camrone understood that 'home' wasn't safe anymore. At least not for him. Apparently, he's a witch. His mother is a witch too. And she hid such a big secret quite well for sixteen years. But last week, he started manifesting powers. He could revive dead butterflies. And he could give life to paintings. According to Zelda, his mother, no other witch could do what he could. Guess that makes him special. Now, Zelda is driving him to some boarding school for young witches. Upon arriving Camrone frowns. He expected some kind of Hogwarts knock off. But it was worse. An abandoned building that looked about ready to crumble. The six students lined in front of it were dressed quite well considering the state of the school. A hot black mess with their heads draped under black umbrellas. And despite not knowing them Camrone can't help but feel a sense of familiarity to them. A warm feeling filling his chest waiting to explode out. The window vibrates furiously. Almost as though willing to shatter to end the seperation of Camrone and the six witches. He pushes the door open. An umbrella manifests before him. Floating. Waiting for him to take hold of it. He wraps his fingers around its handle and moves out of the backseat. The umbrella providing protection against the sky's tears. And in that moment time itself takes a moment to rejoice. The rain slows. The street lights flicker. And the feeling within the witches explodes. The storm coming to an abrupt end.

"Welcome to Hecate's Academy for Young Witches." Bonnie offers with a smile. Zelda moves beside Camrone. Cautiously placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. She knew who the witches were. Knew why they were waiting. She knows they are here; now, for him. He completed their coven. The coven filled with cursed children. Children born of an unfortunate curse. Camrone was one of those children. "Hello, Camrone."

"You know who I am?" Camrone inquires giving Bonnie a cautious look over. She chuckles and steps forward.

"Know you? We've been waiting for you." Bonnie informs him. Camrone knew he was special. Did this girl; no, witch knew that too. Is that why she was waiting for him. Is that why she and her friends were waiting. "Obviously, the choice to join our coven is yours." She adds. Camrone goes to question but is interrupted by Zelda who places a hand in front of her son.

"Like every witch that attends Hecate Academy, my son will attend orientation. He will sign his name into the book of shadows and then he will choose a coven." Zelda firmly states. A determine and protective look present that Bloom backs down from. She steps back. Turning her back and entering the building. Her coven following close behind.