Chapter 20: Death Light

3rd Person's POV

Alexa stirred awake, finding her face enveloped in bubbles as she struggled to breathe beneath the receding nanite fluid, after her encounter with the Cerratact.

Soon, she realized it was all just another dream.

"It's happening again," she muttered mentally, grappling with the memory of the dark void where she found herself alone even before, and this was her second time experiencing that. "Is it merely a dream? And who was that glowing cube that spoke to me?"

As the nanite fluid fully retreated, Alexa gasped for air, feeling as though she was being reborn on Earth.

Suddenly, the pod chamber emitted a mechanical noise, signaling another occurrence. In an instant, a powerful rush of air swept through the chamber, akin to a brief but forceful blast, drying Alexa in its wake.

After that air power rush, the door hissed open so she stepped out into the chamber, already dry, reflecting, "Who knew so much could happen in such a confined space?"

Before she could ponder further, a hologram materialized before her, revealing Herxia.

Though Alexa seethed with frustration at the scheme of the Galactic Federation, she remained composed, awaiting Herxia's words.

"You're quite the enigma, Alexa," Herxia remarked. "While I expected you to voice your anger out of most people here, you remain silent, defying even the calculations of an AI. You truly are unique."

In response, Alexa's tone was firm. "Enough with the games. I'm tired of this. Let's finish so we can all leave."

"Did someone speak to you?"

Alexa was taken aback. "How did she know?"

"Don't forget, while I may not have complete control over your mind, the mind chip still resides in your brain. We can detect if you're lying or if something is amiss through your brain waves. I can discern patterns, so whether you conceal it or not, I'll know if something's bothering you. So, who spoke with you?"