23.Dance of Sin

*Powerful- Major Lazer ft Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley*

Biloxi, Mississippi

The club was drenched in pastel mauve and blue hues, with beams of violet lights shooting out amongst the lively crowd behind us. The ear ringing buzz of the electronic music that blasted from the speakers attached to the high ceiling melded with the various voices shouting over the melody. The scent of sweat and alcohol twisting with the warm air, due to all the bodies crammed into the open space. It felt as if the dance floor had its own heartbeat, beating in rhythm with the crowd.

At the bar, I brought my glass of whiskey to my lips, that familiar burn coating my throat. It was the first sip of alcohol I've had in a good bit, but I'd need it tonight. Crowds always gave me anxiety and now my brain had the awkward situation earlier to ruminate on. Silas was seated next to me, his arm brushing against mine due to the overcrowding at the wooden bar we were seated at.

"So what's the plan, little hunter?" Silas leaned his head closer, so I could hear him over the pulsating beat.

"I have an idea, but I don't like it," I returned, aware of his breath tickling against my neck, raising every hair on my body.

"What is it?" He pried.

"Draw attention. The witch has taken only young women in their early twenties," I answered, tilting my head to meet his gaze.

He shook his head. "You are not using yourself as bait," his tone was stern as were his eyes enforcing the words.

"Come on, I have the necklace. Plus you are here, what's the worst that could happen," I said with a slight shrug.

His features mellowed slightly before he grabbed his old fashion glass from the bar, chugging the dark liquid. He stood, extending a steady hand out to me. I raised a brow at him as my heart began to mirror the erratic beats blasting through the club.

"Well how else do you expect to draw attention?" He stood still, his hand unwavering, the purple strobes bouncing off his back. "You certainly aren't getting naked at the bar."

"I can't dance," I retorted before taking another drink. My cheeks now draped in the heat that was slowly slipping across my skin.

"I'll show you how, just follow my lead," he affirmed, gesturing to his hand.

For a second I just stared at him, the fear of embarrassing myself clawing at my brain. Fear of drawing attention for the wrong reasons.

Silas leaned closer, his lips inches from my ear. "Don't you trust me, darling," he whispered, sending a shiver down my spine. Slowly I clasped my hand around his, and he smirked at me. A sinful glint in his eyes already made me rethink my decision.

He led me out to the sea of swaying bodies, all in their own worlds, lost in the music or people dancing around them. The heat of the packed bodies, fanning against my skin. His hand was the only thing that kept me anchored, kept my anxiety of crowds from ravaging me while it simultaneously sent ripples of nervousness throughout my body.

Silas stopped in a small gap in the crowd, pulling my body in front of his, spinning me so my backside to him. My breath caught in my throat as his hands drifted down my waist to my hips. He left a small hollow space in between our bodies.

His fingers dug into my hip bones, gently-yet forcibly rocking them to the beat of the music. My racing thoughts muted, my mind unable to think of anything but his hands on me. As his lips brushed against ear, my head instinctively leaned back into him. "You're too tense," he rasped, his warm breath on my skin-his lips so close to my neck caused my body to bend back to him, closing the gap. His body tensed for a heartbeat as a low groan of approval fled his mouth at the contact. My eyes flared and my heart hammered in my chest. I could feel him, through his pants, already hard against my back. Looks like I'm not the only one who needs to get laid.