when the party is over

Cap 6: when the party's over

POV JUNE

I was able to get home for dinner time. I have to say that our biology project turned out quite well, we were very good at describing the different stages of cell duplication. I love studying biology, but having it with him made me enjoy it even more.

I think our meeting today was particularly important for both of us, because we verbalized our affection, even though nothing romantic or cheesy happened.

Maybe we're not ready to get to that point yet, or maybe I'm not ready.

The only thing that travels through my mind is the avalanche of lies I've told Nora and those who are supposed to be my friends.

The fact that there's something between me and Simon makes me feel bloody guilty, but I know it's not normal for me to feel so guilty about a triviality.

After all, we are not doing anything wrong, but the people around us make our acquaintance seem like some kind of attack on the public peace.

I hate having to hide the fact that we see each other from people.

I hate the fact that he has to climb up to my house through the window.

I hate anyone who called him a monster, because that's not what he's all about.

I hate the world because I know he wouldn't understand anything about the two of us.

"June, here you are!" my mother hugs me, "You know, Nora is coming to dinner, but I wasn't sure if you were there because of your Biology project. By the way, how did it go at Simon's house? He looks so cute and kind!"

Thank you mom for understanding who Simon really is: he's the kindest and kindest person I know, I'm sure he would never hurt me.

Then I realize that Mom told about the biology project at Simon's house in Nora.

"All right, but did you tell Nora I was going to Simon's house?" I ask urgently.

"Yes, is there any problem? I thought Simon was a friend of Nora's too?" my mother says, worried that she made a mistake in telling her.

"No, no problem, unfortunately Nora doesn't like me saving Simon the day before yesterday."

"And why? He's such a good guy, a real sweetheart!" she strokes my cheek and continues "Honey, I'm so proud of you and proud to have raised such a strong and determined daughter. Never regret what you've done, and never allow anyone to tell you what you need to do. June you have the right to try, make mistakes, laugh and take more paths! Don't ever feel wrong for who you are, do you understand me?" he holds me tighter.

It's as if he understood that I needed those words and that reassurance, which was slow to arrive.

I'm not wrong about how I feel.

No June, you're not wrong about how you feel.

You're not wrong for who you are.

"Fight for what you always love, sweetheart," my mother tells me.

I do everything I can to hold back a tear

We both hear a knock on the door and break off the embrace. It must be Nora.

Mom runs to open the door for her and Nora enters, placing flowers on the table next to the door.

"Hi June" comes to hug me and holds me tightly as usual. I don't see any anger in his eyes, but it's like he's telling me he's just trying to protect me as best he can.