07: "Best Brother"

Iris knew how it was getting too much. She knew she hadn't been able to tell Elle what had happened when she had left. She knew how Elle had left for her own good. But she had needed her big sister.

It wasn't easy for her at all. And she had been getting closer to Remus Lupin. Iris knew that it would be frowned upon if she were to persue anything with him.

She knew how close they had been. And Iris felt relief she had someone to talk to outside of her family. She knew how she and Draco were close. And she wished she could be close to Elle again. But too much had happened.

While Iris had missed having her sister, she didn't know if their bond could get back to how it used to be. And that was upsetting to her. She wanted the bond back with her.

All she knew was that things weren't the same. And Iris just needed to make it seem okay. But it wasn't okay. And that was hurting her.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She walked into the common room to see Elle walking in. Clearly in her dress from the night before.

Iris frowned as she looked to her. "What have you been doing?" She asked.

Elle shook her head. "Don't ask. You don't wanna know. are you okay?"

Iris nodded and smiled. "I'm okay. Maybe we could do something this weekend? Just me and you?" She asked looking at her older sister.

"Yeah. I'd like that. We can do anything you wanna do. My treat too," Elle told her. She smiled. "I know I hurt you. By leaving. And I'm so sorry. I just couldn't stay. Something happened and it got too much for me. My biggest regret was leaving you and Draco."

Iris nodded. "I can't promise that we're going to go back to how it used to be. But we can try," she told her.

***
Iris walked through the school with Draco. He looked to her. "I talked to Elle. You're both going out this weekend? Are you okay with that?"

Iris nodded. "It was my idea. She said something happened which is why she left. I'm not going to push to find out. I just want my big sister back," she told him.

Draco smiled. He knew all too well how Iris needed her family. Especially with what happened. He looked to his twin. "You know you've always got me. Whatever happens, you've got me."

"I know. I have the best brother on this planet."

"I know. I'm pretty good," Draco said as he walked off.

Iris rolled her eyes but smiled. she knew how she was the only one who saw Draco's playful side. And it made her happy to think about.

***
Iris walked into the defence classroom. She smiled as she saw Remus. "Hey sir. Thought I'd come and ask if you're okay?" She asked.

Remus turned to her and nodded. "I'm fine thank you Miss Malfoy. How are you?" He asked. He saw the twinkle in her blue eyes and smiled. "You seem happy."

"I think I am. For once," Iris said with a smile.

She looked to him and grinned. Unaware of how things were about to change with them both completely.