Episode One: Pilot

SCENE ONE

INT. TELEVISION STUDIO BACKROOMS - DAY

Relative hustle and bustle. The camera focuses on the TV monitors, playing the last few minutes of a TV interview gone sour. The Camera operator scans around the hallway quickly. We hear a woman crying obnoxiously in a different room.

NICOLE (45)

(crying obnoxiously)

I just don't get why she's being such a bitch to me!

The camera operator finds their way to a dressing room where a man, woman, and girl are. The man is in a rush, gathering their personal items. The woman is melodramatically collecting items and continues sobbing. The girl is sitting, immersed in her phone.

RICHARD (45)

Oh honey, I think you're already emotional-

CUT TO:

Nicole is absolutely fuming.

CUT BACK TO:

RICHARD

Wait! Wait! Let me finish... and that's clouding your judgment...

NICOLE

(still crying but calming down)

Oh, sure, Richard. I'm sure the three-by-two-foot cue card that said, 'mention her shitty acting career,' was probably just my emotions getting the best of me.

ANAIS (18)

I mean, come on, Mom, it's a broadcast TV talk show. Do you really think they're about respecting an actor's boundaries?

RICHARD

You're not being helpful, Anais. Let's go!

Nicole, Richard, and Anais finish gathering their things and leave. We only see Nicole and Richard exit the dressing room into the studio office hallway. There is a craft services table running the length of the hallway. A variety of snack foods occupy the tabletop.

NICOLE

I mean, who does she think she is asking me if I'm off my meds? How is that her business anyway?

RICHARD

Are we sure we grabbed everything? Jim. Where's Jim?

A teenage boy is seen turning a corner and faces the trio. His arms are struggling to carry the variety of processed and packaged food. He is holding a donut in his mouth.

JIM (17)

(mouthful of doughnut)

You rang?

Anais walks into the frame from behind Nicole and Richard. She is holding armfuls of wardrobe clothes.

RICHARD

God, give me the serenity.

ANAIS

These were cute!

RICHARD

Put this shit back, guys!

Jim begins to walk away. Anais rolls her eyes.

NICOLE

No, it's fine. Jim, Ann, grab everything you can carry

Nicole, Anais, and Jim gather and stuff food into their pockets.

NICOLE

EBT doesn't reload until Friday, and we have nothing for dinner. Here, put it in my purse.

Anais, Jim and Nicole begin shoveling food into her purse.