chapter 1.

(but really who ever drew that deserves all the money in the fucking world. thank you for listening to my ted talk)

you lived in zuzu city your whole life, and sure you werent on the best terms with everyone. your cousin moved to some shit small town 3 years ago, you stayed working at the bar you worked at. the city was all you ever knew. it was you, your cat miso, and your bike. besides that you still lived with your toxic ex, due to the fact rent had gone up yet again in the city. 

it was near impossible for you to be able to afford everything. it was the same ol same ol. going to work, getting hit on by old men, making bank, and then that said dough being ripped from your finger tips. rent, utilities, the bike, the cat, yourself. 

you had little events at work you constantly had to buy more clothes for, not to mention you had to mask every emotion to be happy at work despite hating everyone around. you felt unfulfilled. better yet, your cousin had it worse. working at joja office, she was a lab rat for a giant corp. you still had that spark in your eye, you really did love bar tending and having fun. 

but most days it got on your nerve. you promise yourself if the day ever came you got a better chance to leave you would. you felt lifeless, stuck, and in all like shit everyday. working non stop despite only being 21. and yet again came another poor choice at work. event week all damn week. 

"rockstar for Monday, cartoon for Tuesday, animal for Wednesday, throwback for Thursday, superhero for Friday, lot lizard for Saturday, and just sexy for friday" your coworker kiki spoke from next to you. 

you always planned your outfits with her, you worked with her almost everyday. the place was as short staffed as ever. 

mean while your cousin was talking to everyone, making a plan on how to get you out with Lewis. sure Lewis remembered you vaguely from all the visits with your grandpa, but he didnt know how to go about it. it was decided on friday everyone in the village was going weather or not they wanted to. by bus or by car, it didnt matter. as long as everyone was there. 

so not only did you not have anything planned, you weren't prepared. and here you sat on friday in a blackfire outfit while kiki stood next to you dressed as starfire. sure it was fun to listen to the music and lay back for a bit. 

"how will we even know where they are when theres 40 people in here veronica?" sam asked your cousin only giving sam a look. "youll know, shes somewhere anyway. just find the shortest person here" she spoke out getting everyones attention and now they are all on the look. 

you noticed two little kids sitting at the bar. "do you drink milk and eat sugar?" you asked looking at them getting two nods. you gave them 2 root beer floats and both of them headphones. there was a no kids policy but you couldnt help if people brought their kids. 

so once you got these two settled you left a note for them to give them to their parents. and kept severing. "here then let me get her" kiki spoke and now you were over next to her. "hes already been drinking" kiki spoke and the more you looked at him the more you saw how heavily intoxicated he was. "sorry sir, cant serve you, but feel free to come back another night. i can offer you a water or a soda?" you said getting an eye roll. 

the more you served the closer it got to your break. and once it hit break time you were out the front door for a spoke. with kiki's keys you went to her car passing by a group of three. they looked young maybe like 22-24. 

but the second you got in kiki's car was the second your ex texted you a picture of your cat and half your shit outside on the curb. so you picked everything up, went back to work with the windows cracked so miso could breathe. that same group of three was still outside. "if you hate people, back left corner. theres a game room with a pool table and a couple of arcade machines. no one is ever there" you spoke up watching them all look at each other before following you inside.