𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

《Wednesday's Pov》
It's been weeks since I got expelled. Mother and Father were ranting about me attempting to kill a boy.

"It's not my fault, THEY WERE GOING TO HURT PUGSLEY.." I said frantically.

"That is no excuse, my little storm cloud, I understand you are protective, but dial things down a few."
said Father with a calming tone.

"Plus Wednesday, how would have that looked at your criminal record?" Added Mother.

I began thinking of explanations and replies. Nothing came out... I looked around the room to see Pugsley's eyes filled with terror. I hurried over to my room, where I laid my face on the pillow.
A few minutes go by, and I'm still lying here. I got up as soon as I could and began working on my typewriter. "Yes, only 58 pages left." I thought. I finished my last few pages

{ A few weeks go by. }

I was just writing my novel, casually like I do every other day. Then I heard a knock on my door. I got up to answer it, and Mother was standing outside.

She said, "Wednesday, could you come into the living room for a second, dear?"

I followed her down the stairs and walked into the living room where Father and Pugsley were sitting on the couch for me.

"Wednesday, we have excellent news for you." Said Father.

"I'm going to miss her," Pugsley mumbled.

He thought I didn't hear him, but I did. Before one of them could get a word out,

I said, "Does this include me going elsewhere?" With a concerned look.

"Spot on, darling," Mother said.

"Ah yes, my viper, you are going to
Nevermore!" Father interrupted.

"Nevermore?" I said confusingly.

"Of course, she doesn't know what it is," Father replied.

"Nevermore is a marvelous school, with other outcasts just like you." Mother explained.

"Do I have a say in this?" I said infuriatingly.

"No." Mother and Father said at the same time.

They giggled and then started holding each other's hands, looking at each other with passion. Then, they started kissing. I look at them with disgust. I went upstairs back to my room. Nevermore?. Without telling me? How could they? I didn't want to go... "This is so unfair," I yelled, loud enough that the birds from the trees took off. I went to my typewriter and expressed my feelings about the novel I was writing. I never had plans of publishing. Where would it even take me? I already knew the answer to my question anyway. I began typing.

{ A few minutes go by. }

I finished a few pages of my novel. It had calmed me down. I felt pretty tired. I brushed my teeth and flossed. I headed to bed.

{ Wednesday's routine continued for several weeks until it was time for her to go to Nevermore. }

It's my last day staying at the house. I figured I would do something special, like visiting the cemetery. I told Mother I would be heading out for fresh air.

She replied, "That's alright, darling, just return in the afternoon so we could drop you off for your first day at Nevermore!"

I wasn't okay with going there, but I agreed anyway. As I headed to the cemetery, I saw Pugsley sitting at our favorite fishing spot. So I quickly went back to the house and grabbed a few baits. I walked over to him, and he got scared, typical.