[07]

"Jace, what are we doing?"

Aemma had found herself trailing behind her younger brothers and cousins, weaving through the decorated hallways of Driftmark. Her nightgown clung to her back as sweat trickled down the nape of her neck.

"It's him." Rhaena bellowed, abandoning the silence that had overcome the group.

"It's me." a cocky voice retorted, though the voice seemed familiar to Aemma, the tone however was foreign to her.

"Vhagar is my mother's dragon!"

"Your mothers dead" the voice deadpanned. Aemma pushed through her cousins gently only to reveal her... uncle. Aemond? His hair looked rogue with dust layering his flushed checks. Had he stolen Vhagar? Questions plagued her mind, though her uncle was quick to regain her attention "and Vhagar has a new rider now."

"She was mine to claim." had he gone whilst they slept? Did he feel no remorse for his cousin?

"Then you should've claimed her! Maybe your cousins can find you a pig to ride?" His voice held no regret but was instead laced with sarcasm, and the smirk that had slithered its way onto his showed no signs of guilt.

Aemma felt sick with apprehension. Her eyes darting from her cousins seething faces to her 'victorious' uncle staring with new-found pride. Aemma swallowed the lump in her throat, though it felt much more of semblance to a thorn belonging to a rose of High Garden.

"It would suit you" Aemond snared with the flick of his head. That was it. This moment. Those last words. A flame to wildfire. And just as quick as the reaction between the connection of flame and of wildfire, Rhaena lunged for Aemond.

Aemond had disregarded Rhaena's attack quicker than anticipated, resulting with her tumbling to the dirt only for Baela to throw her fist directly to Aemonds cheek. Though he was even faster to reciprocate.

"Come at me again and I will feed you to my dragon!" He yelled; a gasp escaped Aemmas lips at his threats. Though she was cut off by Jacaerys' punch thrown to his uncle, Aemma -taken aback- reached for her brothers, latching onto Luke and just grazing Jace. Allowing his closed hand to make contact with Aemonds face.

It was if she was a powerless spectator. Every bit of control had finally left when Luke managed to escape Aemma's crazed hold and throw his entire weight towards Aemond.

A bone crunched. A blood-curdled scream. That was all it took for the need to protect her brothers eroded her system, corroding her hesitation with rage. Aemma grit her teeth and charged toward her uncle. Her fist made contact with his nose. Aemma had felt a wave of unwilling satisfaction at the same punctured sound to resonate with the thick tension-filled air. Should she feel guilty?

Though Aemmas advantage was soon lost when her uncle had managed a sturn kick to her gut, sending her crashing to the ground.

Fortunately, Jace had crept behind her, taking his opportunity to attack his uncle. Her cousins soon joined him, leaving Aemma to crawl to Luke.

The sounds of rib-fracturing kicks bled out into silence as Luke whimpered beneath Aemma.

"Sweet Luke" she mused. His horror-stricken face flinched as Aemma raised her knuckles to graze his face with one hand while the other clutched her abdomen.

Jace flung to the ground to her side, her hand weakly reached out for his. The moment Aemma had let her body lean toward Jace, Luke had scrambled to his knees. Allowing Aemonds hand to attch themselves to his throat. Luke attempted to fight back though his punches on Aemonds stretched arm were tired and worn out.

Aemma was hauled backwards to her feet by Jace. Resentment ran through Aemma's blood, her fingers twitched with vexation. Her eyes narrowed towards her uncle.

She would vent her spleen to her uncle for his actions.

"You will die screaming in flames just as your father did!" Aemond shouted, rising to his feet. A rock accompanying his hand. "Bastards"

His words were almost as harsh as the punch she had thrown. Almost. Aemond was spiteful, pent up with caged fury.

The Fall of Old Valyria. Magma lurking in chambers beneath the surface of the volcanoes. Waiting. And - just as any active volcano does- erupts it's impending and inevitable destruction. Destroying all those who surround it.

"My fathers still alive!" Luke wailed, squirming underneath Aemonds grip.

"He doesn't know, does he?" Did the prince find this moment amusing, a grand twisted jest of sorts? "Lord Strong"

The sound of iron being released from its holster sent a pang through Aemma's heart, though her eyes remained focused on her younger brother, trembling.

Aemma had only been distracted a moment. Her head had turned at the shriek one of the cousins had warned.

Metal clattered against the ground as Jace collided with the ground. Her uncle raised his hand holding the rock, a sadistic smile adjacent to his enclosed fist. Predator ready to strike its prey.

And then his eyes met hers. A clash of Valyrian Violet against another. A moment of weakness. Aemma's eyes pleaded. Begged. That he end this facade. That he escape. Mayhaps it was his debilitated muscles or the fondness that had always resided in his heart towards the Princess Aemma, his features softened slightly. His hand lowering slowly.

Alas, his pride would never allow for such an act.

The moment of pusillanimity had not gone unnoticed by her brothers. With a handful of dust and a slash of steel against skin Aemond gave way.

Falling face-first into a puddle of his own blood.

Maimed.

˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

Authors note ྀིྀིྀིྀིྀི
Sooooo, this was kinda hard bc like writing fights is so harddd but hope you enjoyed this chapter nevertheless (I hate this chapter😜)
Lots of Love🤍