[O8]

The silence was palpable. Its hands reaching for Aemmas neck, wrapping the tension around her throat. Strangling her. The only sound being the light stitching of the needle weaving effortlessly through skin; his own eye snatched from his socket. Watching him.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen?" King Viserys questioned, taking deep pants before continuing "I will have answers."

"The children were supposed to be abed, My King."

"Who had the watch?" The king's patience wearing thin. Though the Queen remained uncharacteristically quiet while she sat before Aemond and the maester, while he sewed the wound shut.

"Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace"

Aemma stood infront of her bleeding brothers. The queen insisted all attention be brought to Aemond, and to ignore the broken nose so obsiously seen on Luke's face.

"You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!" Viserys rose from his seat, leaning to his side using a cane as he limped towards his Kingsguard.

"The Kingsguard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Gra-" Ser Criston retorted with malice weaved throughout his snarky remark.

"That is no answer!"

"It will heal, will it not maester?" Alicent finally spoke up, her eyes red-rimmed from the tears that had fallen as she had inspected Aemonds wound. Aegon's face contorted to one of disgust towards Aemonds damaged one, whereas Helaena stood as still as a Weirwood tree. Planted to her place beside her betrothed.

"The flesh will heal... but the eye is lost, Your Grace"

A shudder shot through Aemmas spine. She stood in front of her brothers arms placed behind her, over their chests. Her fingers grasped for their arms, hoping for contact, for any way to tell them no harm will befall them. Not before they pass Aemma, at least.

"Where were you?" Alicents fragile voice broke out as she charged for Aegon.

"Me?" A harsh slapped came after that. Helaena's eyes twitched and her shoulders jerked as she flinched from the loud sound of contact reverberating through the gasps of the crowd. In that moment Aemma wanted to heave Helaena away, and shield her from such cruelty. They would break her. "Ow! What was that for?"

"That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered." The Queen scolded pulling on Aegons tunic. "While you were drowning in your cups, you fool."

"What is the meaning of this!" The Lord of Driftmarks voice echoed off the walls, as Lady Rhaenys folowed behind, her face pale and of distress.

"Baela, Rhaena! What happend?" Her voice a stark constrast to her husbands. "What happend?"

"Aemma?" It was almost as if the gods had listened to Aemmas silent prayers, as the doors opened and a startled Rhaenyra entered the room. "Jace, Luke! Show me, show me"

Her mother approached Aemma, kneeling before her, allowing Aemma to resign from her position as protector of her brothers allowing her mother to take her place. Rhaenyras eyes widened at the sight of Lucerys' broken nose. A cry escaped Luke as her mother examined his beaten face, tears began to fill the wells of Aemmas eyes, she could not bare the thought she was unable to defend her brothers. She was reluctant. She did not wish to harm her 'friend'.