❝I Kind of Miss You❞

Author's Note: This story takes a bit to get to the Saiouma part but yeah this takes place after Danganronpa V3's ending! Feel like I needed to say that for the people who don't read the story description 😭
Also I'm sorry if this is a terrible Saiouma fanfic this is my first actual attempt at writing one and I'm sorry if anything is out of character as I said so YEAH ENJOY IG

(SHUICHI SAIHARA'S POV)

In my hotel room, I sat by the window. From the pane, I could see that the firmament was hued in a shade of ochre and evening would soon dawn upon me. I sighed as I closed the blinds. With a few steps I flumped onto the bed, with my face digging into the blanket. There was a small nightstand beside me, with a stubby lamp illuminating with a white light and off to its side was a small remote for the TV on the wall. I reached for the remote and pressed the on-switch.

The TV illuminated, displaying a news channel.

"The 53rd season of the once beloved tv-series "Danganronpa" has just ended in a way netizens couldn't have imagined–With the death of Tsumugi Shirogane, an employee at Team Danganronpa, and the escape of the three killing game survivors, Shuichi Saihara, Himiko Yumeno, and Maki Harukawa, who have been spotted and photographed in ###### city recently. This event has sparked controversy and outrage globally, with people demanding a response from Team Danganronpa. As of today, they have remained silent regarding the situation and vanished from the public eye. Please stay tuned on ### news for further updates." The news lady announced before the screen went black with the click of a button.

It's been a day since Maki, Himiko and I set foot into reality, away from Danganronpa and our difficult lives during the killing game–The bittersweet memories were still fresh in my head just as the faces of the people we had lost that I refused to forget.

Since then we've been aimlessly wandering the streets, while it's true that indeed some people changed their view on the broadcasted killing games, there was still no place for us in reality as fictional characters. Last night we ended up sleeping at a public park, with Maki deciding to stay awake just to ensure our safety so we could rest somewhat comfortably. While Himiko and I were worried about Maki because she wouldn't be able to sleep guarding us, she was right because the city was rid with danger. There were many times when fans tried to kidnap us–They said a bunch of creepy, disgusting things, harboring intentions equally as disturbing as their words. Meanwhile, media reporters would chase us down to try and photograph us or request interviews for tabloids. But luckily Maki was able to chase them away each time.

We were able to have a little money thanks to Himiko which she earned by performing magic tricks on the sidewalk but it was only enough to buy a bit of food. Afterall, not many people on the streets were interested in handing over that much yen over simple magic tricks, Ultimate or not a magician can only do so much without the majority of the equipment they need to perform at their best. We were only really able to afford two hotel rooms and other necessities from then after stealing several people's money, it was a difficult choice to make, but it was either that or another night sleeping at the park.

Sometimes I couldn't help but wonder if it would have been better if we had done what Angie wanted, which was to stay in the academy and just forget about the killing game, more of us would be alive that way... But, no, not everything is that ideal. Not everyone would be willing to cooperate. Even so, this was a choice we made and we can't turn back time to change that.

Suddenly a knock resounded throughout the room, repeating about thrice. I got up, ambled toward the door and opened it. As I did I was greeted by the sight of Himiko and Maki, their faces were weighed by fatigue. They stepped inside the room, shutting the door behind them.