006 you and the devil walking side by side

CHAPTER SIX:YOU AND THE DEVIL WALKING SIDE BY SIDE

CHAPTER SIX:
YOU AND THE DEVIL WALKING SIDE BY SIDE

🤍🥀

NANCY AND ROBIN'S side quest led them to find out that Vecna's killings had started back in the fifties and there had only been one survivor. Victor Creel. They planned to go to the sanitarium where Victor Creel was held and attempt to question him to get some answers on how Max could survive the curse. Liz had been up all night reading everything Nancy and Robin had printed about Victor Creel in the news. Liz was determined to find a way to save Max. She had to.

Max had spent most of the morning writing what looked to be letters. Liz thought it was goodbye letters and no matter what, Liz wouldn't take it. Max wasn't going to die and she wouldn't have to give Liz a goodbye letter. Liz had spent all night watching Max, ensuring she didn't have another vision and didn't die. Between keeping an eye on Max, she read and reread every article about Victor Creel.

Liz and Lucas read an article together on the couch titled, Victor Creel Claims: Ancient Demon Killed Family. Somehow, Victor Creel's whole family had been killed and he was the only survivor. Liz was figuring out what it all meant quickly but Steve, on the other hand, was struggling, "Okay, be honest. Uh... you guys understand any of this?"

Lucas shook his head as Liz handed him the article back and moved her focus to Max, "No."

"Yes," Liz disagreed.

Dustin nodded, "Pretty straightforward."

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve scoffed.

"Well, what's confusing to you?" Dustin asked. "So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor —"

"For now," Liz corrected. Dustin, Steve, and Lucas all looked at Liz who's eyes were on Max. Liz was determined, more determined than any of them. Max was going to live and Liz was going to do everything to make that happen.

"Yeah, for now," Dustin nodded with a smile before looking back at Steve who was giving his sister a worried look. Steve was worried about Max but he was worried about Liz even more. He knew that Liz would be utterly broken if anything happened to Max and didn't want that to happen, "If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."

"That's assuming he was cursed, Henderson, which we don't even know," Steve explained before sighing and rubbing his forehead. "How can Vecna have existed in the fifties? It doesn't make sense."

"As far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it," Dustin explained to Steve. Liz looked at Dustin, listening to his explanation. She was also curious about what the smartest person in the group had to say. "The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs."