Part 2 - Cigarettes & Slytherin Boys

I lean against the cold, stone wall of the castle which also takes the appearance of a carved out raven. I let my body sink down so that I am now curled up, in a seated position. I cannot help but imagine Sebastian currently defending my honour as Ominis and I take refuge in this segregated entrance hall.

This is why I didn't want to speak to Garreth at the party. He always starts trouble when he gets hammered. I'm assuming it's because he continually has a stick up his ass when his Aunt Matilda is around. Professor Weasley is always extra hard him.

I watch as my sightless friend begins pacing back and forth in front of me, pondering his best friend's actions. The dim candles of the night time ambiance catches the glow of his hazy, pale eyes perfectly. Although his eyes show no expression, the rest of his face makes up for it. Ominis is frustrated.

"What in Merlin's name happened in there?! That escalated so quickly." He says while flailing his hands out dramatically.

"That Garreth... always running his god damn mouth. Why he pushes Sebastian like that is beyond me."

As I listen to his rant, I have a specific craving due to the stress of the night. I open my small evening bag and fish out my brass cigarette case with the matching lighter.

He sighs. "What I can tell you is, that man has a fucking death wish."

I hold the cigarette between my lips and spark the lighter.

The sound of the lighter sparking immediately grabs Ominis's attention. He snaps his head in my direction as I take a deep inhale, letting the nicotine course through my lungs.

"Smoking, again?" He snips at me.

I breathe out the remaining smoke while rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, it's a filthy habit you'll regret later."

I can't help but give him a little smirk. This man definitely knows me inside and out despite his sightlessness. I think his fifth sense has been replaced with perceiving my attitude instead.

He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose while furrowing his brows.

"Give me one."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise but don't verbally question him. I pass him a cigarette and my lighter, watching him light up a smoke for himself. He deeply inhales, and exhales a few moments later. I watch the cloud of cigarette smoke fade out of the corridor as Ominis slides down the wall next to me.

"Oh please, Darling. I can sense your judgement from here. I like it every once in awhile as a rare indulgence."

A few moments of silence goes by as we listen to the vibrating music from the main common room area.

Ominis lets out another sigh. "Are you alright, Darling? You're quiet tonight...it's Sebastian isn't it?"

"I know how you're feeling. He's becoming more obsessive with dark magic lately, I'm afraid that it will consume him."

My stomach drops as I hear Ominis mention Sebastian's returning practice of the dark arts.

How does he know?

Did he somehow discover the book that I found in the Undercroft?

Should I even bring that up?