╰┈➤ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟷

𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚜

Tommy was blatantly ignoring me, and it was painfully obvious.

Tommy's silence was a deafening void, sharply contrasting with the cacophony of questions raging in my mind. It had been three days since everything fell apart—three days since promises fractured like glass under the weight of broken plans. The space between us was charged with the electricity of unspoken words, a maelstrom of emotions left to fester in the silence of his disregard. His indifference weighed on me like a heavy fog, blurring any sense of normalcy.

Had he not seen my note?

Had he seen it and chose he didn't want to be apart of us no more?

Had Doris seen for it? Had he threatened him?

Why was he ignoring me? And not only me, but Reuban too?

The burden of uncertainty bore down upon me, its weight an oppressive force, extinguishing any previous clarity. I tried to carry on with our daily routines, but each passing moment without an explanation from Tommy only fuelled the growing sense of frustration and anxiety. It felt strange not speaking to him, especially considering how much closer we had grown over the past week.

Reuban's concerned glances only seemed to amplify my unease. Without Tommy, our future was uncertain, each step forward a plunge into the unknown. We needed his help, whether we wanted to admit it or not. Though I couldn't shake the feeling that our chance for escape was slipping away with each passing moment, swallowed by the shadows of doubt.

He wouldn't betray us, would he?

But as the hours stretched on, Tommy's silence was screaming at me. I was stuck, not knowing whether to hang on to hope or just give in to the heavy feeling of giving up.

No, we couldn't give up.

No, I wouldn't give up

We were going to get to out of here.

We just needed to talk, and everything would be fine.
____________________

Have some faith in him; he wouldn't betray us.

Breathe in...Breathe out...Exhale in...Exhale out.

My knuckles rapped sharply against the wood of Tommy's door, a staccato beat that mirrored the pounding of my heart. The silence that followed was suffocating, each second stretching into an eternity as I waited for a sign of life from within.

"Tommy," I called, my voice a hushed command laced with the tremor of my nerves. "We need to talk. Now.

My fingers, slick with nervous sweat, fumbled with the doorknob. It wouldn't budge. The cold, unyielding surface of the door mocked my attempts to turn the knob. It remained resolutely locked, leaving me with no access. A frown creased my brow as I pressed my ear against the wood, hoping to discern any sound from within. Only a faint murmur reached me, offering no clues. A defeated sigh escaped my lips as I sank to the floor.

"Tommy," I whispered, my voice barely audible over the pounding in my ears. "I know you're in there. Why are you doing this?"

"Please just open the door".
____________________

The lock clicked, and the door creaked open, revealing Tommy. Deep lines etched his face, hinting at his weariness. He moved sluggishly, stepping aside to grant me silent entry.