Chapter 1: A Monster! (Alternative)

About a week later, 11 year old Charlotte was miraculously still alive, but her horrific labor had not ended just yet.  Her baby had still not been born.  The physician was blown away by this fact along with the servants who were assisting him. 

He decided to inform Frollo on the updates of his unborn child's birth.  He then left the room and went to the minister's study where he was working at.

"Enter," Frollo called out stoically from the other side of the door.

"My lord!" the physician said as he entered the room.  "Your wife is still with us this very moment as we speak!  It's a miracle!  In all of my years of practice I have never seen nor heard of such an event!  Realistically, she would had succumbed days ago!"

"Well, our Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?" Frollo replied stoically once again, while signing court documents.

"However, I have not been able to deliver your child yet.  I'm asking for your permission for me to operate on her right now.  It's quite obvious that she is incapable of delivering naturally," the physician said formally.

"You have my permission to do so.  I will be there very shortly to hold her down for the procedure," Frollo said in the same tone while still signing court documents.  The physician stared at the minister for a minute and said,

"Very well then."

He then left the minister's study and went back into the guest room where poor Charlotte was barely conscious in.

She was still strapped to a chair with a very large amount of blood and piles of torn up tissue underneath her and coming down her legs.

There was also old dried up blood from days earlier underneath her, on her legs, and on the bed from where Frollo had placed her the week before.

She was pale as can be with her hair all messed up, while covered in sweat and with bloodshot eyes and dark circles underneath.  She looked nearly dead.

She also was nonresponsive due to shock and blood loss at this point.  She was far too weak to even acknowledge anyone or anything around her, including the severe pain and dizziness that she was still feeling from it all.  All she could do was moan somewhat.

Gertrud had been forced to return by Frollo's orders.  The physician was pulling out his surgical tools when Gertrud asked him,

"What do you think you're doing?!  You can't do that right now!" she cried out in fear.

"But the minister insists that I do so immediately, he is refusing to wait any longer.  He will be here shortly in order to hold her still for the operation," he informed her.

At this, Gertrud stood there in terror for the poor girl.  She didn't know what else to say and felt sick to her stomach.

"Perhaps if you check one last time before you proceed..." a maid servant asked.